Pages

20 February 2012

Keep Calm and Go Bananas {Lo's 3rd Birthday}

This year Leighton has really been into Curious George. After much debate we finally settled on a pink and yellow themed Curious George monkey party. The party was inspired by this phenomenal party. I wish I had the time and money to have 100% re-created that party. Amazing. {please click the link to check it out!}



{The invitation} I designed from the aforementioned inspirational party.



I heart pinterest obviously...who doesn't?! More inspirational ideas


Source: pbs.org via Michele on Pinterest





Cake Inspiration:
Source: pbs.org via Michele on Pinterest

{Cake and Decorations}
I know you all are going to be contacting me to make your cakes, but sorry I have to save my mad skills for just my kids. Try and not be too disappointed.

We had Strawberry cake at the birthday girl's request, it was really good and we should really have that more often. I made two cakes stupidly thinking we needed that much. She wanted one girl {so that isn't a growth coming out of her head it's a bow. ;) } and one boy monkey.

 And of course George loves bananas, so you have to have banana splits {HUGE HIT!} Another little tip I got from pinterest {but neglected to pin} is dishing up ice cream in muffin liners ahead of time and pulling them from the freezer just before party time. Worked like a charm and everyone raved how smart I was. Duh?! Winning. Really saved time on people crowding around a tiny ice cream container.

Parties are in the details. While this isn't some grand pinteresting worth party, I do like details. The plates were Paul Frank from Target (no one sells Curious George stuff, not that I probably would have gotten those anyway.} and the "Keep Calm and Birthday On" napkins were from Target as well. I loved that they mostly matched the "Keep Calm and Go Bananas" theme.

Finally I recycled her birthday banner from her First birthday party...mostly because I was too lazy to make a new one, even though I bought all the stuff. Just changed out the ribbon.

{Presents}
Every birthday kid's favorite party. I asked "what do you want to do first? Cake? or Presents?" PRESENTS!!!!!!!

1-3,6: Making out like a bandit on dollhouse stuff. I think she is pretty set on her dollhouse for a bit. She hasn't stopped playing yet.
5: blanket from Auntie Meg, who due to other partying schooling circumstances was unable to join us.
7: Every girl should "buy" herself a gift. When the presents started arriving, she ran off to wrap herself a gift {in an old towel to boot.} HA!
8 &9: She got some dress up clothes, so of course she should model them. And well Micah should play too! BAHAHAHA! 

{Cake Time}

{Miscellany Pics}
1. Our dollhouse contribution, she had to open it a day early before her party.
2. I thought I was so clever when I found this outfit in MW's drawer. He had to wear his monkey pants for the party!
3. This is from her ACTUAL birthday on Wed the 15th. Trial cake run. She kept saying "good job mommy!"
She just thought I had done so well. Bless her.

We hosted our church small group that night so the cake did not go to waste or my hips. :)

It was a HAPPY Birthday. I really was so pleased how it turned out. It was so fun because she actually was into her birthday this year and really understood what was happening.

Happy 3rd Birthday Sweet Lo Lo Girl!

1 comment:

  1. YOU DID AWESOME!!!! I thought the cake looked rally good for not being professional!! The party looked like a blast--bummed we did not get to come. Well she looked precious all dolled up in that dress and pink shoes--loved it! Give her a squeeze from lisa and tell her to buy something fantastic with that g/card we sent her:)
    p.s really thought you rocked out the decos!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...