Pages

27 February 2012

Turning Up Our Doing Dial

This weekend was great. A real "let's turn up our doing dial" kind of weekend. {You know from the Home Depot commercials}.

Saturday we started the morning off with pancakes and there was no complaining about them from Chad. Something about liking waffles way more. Why? Because they have squares? Who knows?! To me they are pretty much the same thing. Carbs. Yum.

1. Then I proceeded to spray paint my heart out on a bunch of frames I picked up at Goodwill the other day. It is my sole mission to re-decorate our new home on very little. Pinterest is my hero.

Anyway I got 8 frames for around $10, a can of $3 white spray paint and some free printables from HERE.  And viola our hall bath that our kids never use is looking lovelier. The shower curtain was left by the previous owner and it is one of the few things I don't hate. ;) Now I just need some towels for the rack and we are "finished."
seriously these are some of the.ugliest.frames. Spray paint is a miracle worker. ;)


One thing about our home is that all the countertops are a color. Seriously who picks colored countertops?! You ALWAYS go neutral and add color in other ways that can be changed with your mood. Duh! So I am sort of locked into a greenish bath. So these printables were perfect.

Before:

After:

2. I have also finished up Lo's mobile for her room. Ever since MW got one for his room she has been begging for one. Cross that off the list.

It pretty much consisted of some scrapbook paper, my cricut, and another cheap embroidery hoop find from, you guessed it Goodwill.

I love how it turned out and she is thrilled. Win. Win.

3. Up next was some beachy hair spray. My whole life I have envied other girls with curl and wave to their hair. Mine was as stick straight as they come. Flat iron, not required. I have even tried body waves and perms in the past and they seriously lasted 2 weeks! However, recently I noticed that my wet hair isn't drying straight anymore. Ever since having Micah my hair got all "sexy beach wavy" minus the sexy. It looks a mess, now I get why girls were jealous of MY stick straight hair. So I have seen some diy sea salt beachy sprays. Seems to be  helping on the days I don't want to straighten my hair. I used this recipe.

4. Lately I have been trying to take better care of myself and put myself a little more first. I mean let's face it I am the only mommy my kids have and the only good wife my husband will have. {BAHAHA}. Anyway, I have been trying to update my wardrobe from circa 1999. A few weeks ago at MOPs they talked about the color season your skin tone is in and how that effects what you should wear {I am an Autumn}.


I am obsessed with that sheet and take it with me everywhere when shopping. No matter how much I may like something, if that color isn't on my sheet I don't buy it. {most of the time.} And now having a red-headed son, I can see how that really makes a difference. His poor rudy complexion needs certain colors to dial it down. Bless him. {He is most definitely an Autumn like mommy!}

5. On a completely un-related note; the other night we were sitting down to dinner and I saw a fox, a FOX
in our backyard!! How freakin' crazy is that. We live in the city. To be fair we do have a small woodish area behind our house and the country is probably 2 miles from us, but still a fox! Come on. Just very unbelievable to me.

6. While the fox did look cute, I am certainly glad we have dark poodles, otherwise he may think they are bunnies. Thank goodness our tax refund is going to help us get a fence up soon. Just don't want the fox to think "there's lunch" on my dogs. HA!

Here is dumb and dumber at their best. Wrapped up around a pole just begging that fox to get them. 
Seriously no idea how they got that tangled...


7. Finally, my new goals for this month is 1. keeping the lights off around the house most of the day. 2. put things up RIGHT NOW, stop waiting for later. It is amazing how much less junk and clutter I deal with at the end of the day by taking a quick look around before I head or down the stairs.

Happy Miscellany Monday!
Join in on the Fun...

Miscellany Monday @
lowercase letters

3 comments:

  1. Hi Chele,
    Found you through MM and am now a new follower. I love the picture frames and prints! I love finding projects that I think I can handle since I tend to not be so crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I love the frames once you painted them, they look great in the bathroom. Second, your hair looks so cute wavy like that. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, you should come and help me finish the million little projects I have to get done around my house! My "Doing Dial" has been shut off for weeks now! lol!

    The frames and the mobile look great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...