Pages

06 February 2012

Things That Keep Me Awake At Night

All day long I think I need to blog about that or this, and then when the end of the day comes and I pull up a "new post" I got nothing, yet my mind still swirls with random thoughts before I can drift off to sleep. So I finally put pen and paper next to my bed to write them down. Anyway here is what goes on inside my mind most days:

1. I have finally figured out a blog book for myself. I didn't need anything fancy and I didn't want to pay $50 for one either. I just needed a way to print my blogs off so if google ever goes down I don't lose everything I have poured my heart into over the last 3 years. I seriously was losing big sleep over this. I am using blog2print and just uploading and having them send me PDF files for around $8. Then if my little heart desires I can have them printed and bound at the UPS store for next to nothing. Whew! Glad that is off my mind. :)

2. Toby, sweet peeing all over my house, Toby. I love you, and because I love you and want you to stay an active member in our family you will forever be sporting the uber stylish Tinkle Belt.
{I told him to smile, and it totally seems like he did.}

Basically it keeps boy dogs from peeing on things, sort of. It is a glorified diaper and if he chooses to pee on my comforter, couch or what have you he will in turn just pee on himself! HA! Take that, score one for mommy. Personally, I think it is so stupid, but glad Chad got it as on day 2 of my brand new comforter's return he attempted to pee on it again! Money well spent. They are easy to make too, so I made an extra no sew one. What will they think of next?!

3. I am totally loving our new camera. I don't have a clue how to use it, but at least when I see a picture/moment I want to capture I can, and it takes it. With my point shoot I can't even begin to tell you how many sweet moments I missed of my kids because it wouldn't click/shutter? fast enough! GRRRR! And the quality of picture is way clearer (but I am less impressed by that than the speed).

I have enjoyed spending these gorgeous afternoons we had last week outside with the kids and taking their pics. Seriously, I thought I wanted it to snow, and while I still sort of do, after last week bring on spring!!

Here are a few of my favorite shots, please excuse the snot as both kids were snotty, disgusting messes last week.
She is one sick little girl...snoring and all.

Mr. Muscles



4. Speaking of disgusting snotty messes, Micah was slated to have his one year pics taken with Ginger last Tuesday. Well the curse of the professional pictures strikes again! Seriously, I don't know why I ever bother scheduling them. I need to set two dates; the first one to be cancelled and the second one we will finally be able to attend.

Let's see when Leighton was 5 months we scheduled a session, two days before she broke her leg. When she was one, the whole family came down with some nasty stomach bug 3 days before. And now Micah's one years ruined by our nasty colds. :( Here is to getting them next week...

5. On another note I have decided it is now my new mission to decorate our house via Goodwill finds and pinterest. While pinterest is completely a time-sucker it has a ton of great ways to re-purpose things I never thought of! Some people are just geniuses. Who knew you could use spray paint for so much and turn junk into loveliness? I love going to goodwill now and just trying to see past what the object is and what it could be. Just fun.

Project 1: a 3 tier dish to hold all my bathroom junk I am always tossing on the counter...keeps it mostly clutter free. ;)
Junk before:

3-tier dish AFTER:



Project 2: re-purposing things I had to make a cute command center. I found that chalk board at Goodwill for $1 and couldn't put it down, so I re-arranged my wall to make it fit and then turn the white board into a frame and put a Bible verse "printable" I designed on it. I really like how it turned out.
Here it is BEFORE:
Up next is our hall bath. Can't wait to get that finished!


6. I can't believe my Lo Lo girl is going to be 3 in less than 2 weeks! Holy cow. This makes me more sad than Micah turning one. She is just getting so big and independent. Seems so hard to believe 3 years ago I was just sitting around waiting for her to arrive. She has changed our worlds so much, for the better.

7. Just for fun a comparison shot of my two kids in the same outfit at the same age. It's a 9 month outfit yet at 13m both of my kids can wear it. I don't know how I get these tiny, short kids and my friend has tall kids and both she and her hubby are short...and Chad and I are both average/tall in height.
Isn't Lo a hoot? I can't believe how much more hair she had then MW does at this age. Love them.


I told you inside my mind is a crazy train of thoughts, if you made it to the end congrats, you must love me. HA! And if you are in the mood for more random, click the link below or join in the fun!

Miscellany Monday @
lowercase letters


2 comments:

  1. Precious work space you have! Love your organization! And of course, adorable kids!

    xo.Britt
    www.themagnoliapair.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made it to the end! I DO Love you! Momma :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...