Pages

16 February 2012

Micah 13 months {Watch Me Grow}

Don't rub your eyes, you just read one of these yesterday. And aren't you so glad that Lo only gets one every 6 months. I am. I about forgot to even do this for Micah as I am just plum worn out from all Lo's birthday planning and partying. So without further ado. I give you MW at 13 months.


Oh baby boy {to me you still seem more like a baby than a "big" boy. With Lo I thought this was such a big age, but in comparison of your sissy you are just my little baby}, in one month's time you have become a new little boy. However  You are still the same spirited child that approaches life with gusto in everything you do, but now it is more-so. You and I are getting more and more on the same page, which is drastically decreasing our little meltdowns. I just love watching you grow up, but after sissy turning 3 yesterday I am quickly realizing I am wishing away these baby/toddler days with you and I don't want to do that. Because before I know you will be 3 and this momma will be a mess. I love you love bug. I love your sweet bite kisses you are giving me now (sure they hurt, but I still love 'em), I love how you lay your head on my shoulder. You are my sweet cuddle bear. Momma's boy for life. But when I do find that perfect girl for you (we are now accepting applications mommies of little girls) I promise I will cut the apron strings and let you fly!

One of the contenders, Brystol. Such a sweet little girl!


Milestones: 
Running after sissy.
You almost have 4 teeth. 2 on bottom, 2 on top breaking through as we speak.
Pretty much my boy "genius." I can sense a will and desire to learn from you that your sissy still doesn't possess.
You climb the stairs lighting fast. If I go upstairs for 2 seconds I turn around to see you standing right behind me! HA! One day you stood at the top of the stairs crying because you can't get down. Evidently you thought I had gone upstairs, but when you got up there I was no where to be found. Silly boy.
And we broke down and turned your carseat forward facing! You ride a little happier now. But on day 1 you thought you were BIG time!



Language Skills:
You say "bah" for lots of things. Like "bless you" when you or I sneeze. So thoughtful. You also go around throwing balls and yell "bah" every.single.time. CUTE! Oh and then there is the books you now bring me which are also called "bahs." You can say "mo{re}", hi, bye and my new favorite is "gou" for good. Everything you put in your mouth is "gou." Bottom line you are my talker. I thought second borns, especially boys would not be quick to talk. So communication is up and if you can't say it you show me. Sign language is not your thing and clearly not what you want to learn. :(


Sleeping:
Naps 2x/day. One at 9a for about 1-1.5 hours and another at 1230p/1p for another 2+ hours. Bedtime is promptly at 630p, which you sleep until about 630/7a the next morning. We have been having some night wakings again, but we have all been sick and he is teething. I am not quick to jump to teething as the reason, but it seems to happen just for a day or two until that tooth breaks and then all is well.

Eating:
You are a boy. I am already needing to up my grocery budget. I am scared for when you are a teen. Currently you can consume in a matter of minutes a ENTIRE PB&J sandwich all by your lonesome. Seriously? Lo just now started eating an entire one and most days she still doesn't finish it. Oh and not to mention you get a fruit or yogurt with it. Chad said "welcome to having a boy!"
You also love to get into the lazy "chad" and get out graham crackers to eat. No need to ask mom, she will just say no, so I will do it myself. Guess I am glad to have a good eater, but seriously I just find it shocking.

Bottles are pretty much a thing of the past. You get only one bottle before bed and the rest of the day is sippy cups. You transitioned so easily. You just want to suck down whatever liquids I give you so who cares what it is in.

Favorite Toy(s) and Book(s):
You love your animal puzzle and try to make the noises. It all comes out moo, but you are trying. You are even pretty good a trying to put the pieces in. Again you are my baby genius. I expect great things from you.

Mr. Muscles

Now for books this is what interests me about my kids. I don't read to you as babies, but then all of a sudden you love books. You bring me books (you don't want to read them, just bring them to me), and especially ones you recognize like Mickey Mouse, Cat in the Hat or Curious George. And by recognize I mean because you watch all these shows with your sissy!


Anecdotes/Quirky things you do:
You get so excited when George or Mickey Mouse comes on. You sit and "dance" to it.

Hiding with sissy from daddy.

You are in a let's throw everything on the ground over and over phase. Or a let's throw this object in the tub, or the potty or better yet the trash! Fun game.



You have a thing we call "pantie raid" Everyday when we go to put on sissy's underpants you steal them from us and go running off. You pull them out of the {clean} laundry basket. You are obsessed with those and socks. Somehow one day you ended up with them on your head. Too funny. And yes I am going to blackmail you with this picture someday...maybe your highschool graduation slide show?! hmmm.



One night sissy was complaining about the "stir it up" we gave her (aka chocolate milk). You thought "fine, act a fool, I am going to drink it!" And you did. Serves her right for complaining. Of course the "stir it up" was magically better then!

Temperament:
Your attitude is improving every month. Now that you are mobile and we understand each other better the meltdowns are fewer. However, you are who you are. You want what you want, when you want it--Micah's way or the highway, if not then major tantrum meltdowns ensue. Complete with throwing ourselves on the floor and flailing about. If only I knew where he got that from hmmm...I'll have to think on that.
On the flip side you are so sweet and loving it is ridiculous.


Stats:  
No stats this month. Weird not to take you into the doctor for weight checks anymore. However we are still battling the spitting up. {I know right, he 13 months and post fundo sx!} While you are gaining and thriving, you still regurgitate/reflux throughout the day and spit up at least 1x every few days. I know it isn't a lot, but this is atypical behavior for a 13m old in general and especially one who had corrective sx. It was daily, but come to find out I was giving you too much milk and I think you are a little dairy sensitive; after I cut way back things improved. Now I think it is time to try meds again. You just may be someone who needs prevacid for life. So the Micah medical saga continues...

I am in LOVE with that face.


Baby Bear you are my precious gift. I love you! Happy 13 Months!

2 comments:

  1. I may have to copy and paste this for Ellie's next month. Seriously, the underwear, throwing things in the tub, etc. All but the sleeping. Seriously... you are one lucky lady or you sure did something right in the sleep department. Ellie is considerably a better sleeper than Whitney was, but she still only takes one 2hr nap and about 8:30-7 for nighttime with one middle night waking. yucko. that's awesome on the bottle transition! and he does seem to have grown alot in the last month. love the growth they do in the 12-24mo stage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he is a handsome hunk!! Want to kiss that face:) Looks like we got another smarty pants on our hands, what can I say they take after their auntie misa- hee hee
    We have learned from Landrey talking early and having an advanced language only causes extra mouthiness in the toddler years--ha ha, no seriously:)

    Geez i wish I could see him, I loved all the pictures! I just stare at them wishing that he will come to life.
    If you want you can overnight your kids to me for a bit, I am sure they could ride up front with the FedEX man.
    Hugs to you all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...