Pages

24 July 2012

If you can't beat the heat... Go swimming.

So have I mentioned it is hot here?! Not just hot, but HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! {105* plus going on 2 weeks now}, I mean this is nothing new I live in the desert, oh wait, no I don't...but at this point pretty much same diff. Who can tell how much Michele loves the heat? ;) Pretty much this is the same song second or third verse of last year, so to keep cool we go to the Y waterpark for toddler time 3 days a week and then bunker down in Target, our house for the rest of the day.


Micah LOVES the swing. He may or may not nearly fall asleep in there every time. HA!

Ah the water bucket. Leighton's favorite thing. Last year I lost track of her for a moment {yes, I still got my parent of the year award no worries} and the bucket dumped, she was under it. Cue major meltdown and fear. I was fairly certain we would never go back to the pool. This year...she runs for it every.single.time. it clanks signally the impending dump.


Of course pictures can not do her joy justice. So please enjoy this video and ignore my stupid commentating. CBS sports won't be calling anytime soon. :)


Waterpark fun {bucket drop} from Michele Keethler on Vimeo.


A few weeks ago we helped my cousin's little boy celebrate his 6th birthday. It was a "pool" party. They had a bunch of fun water slides. Both kids were in heaven.



Of course that side of the family are KU fans...this is Lo's tried and true response every time she sees that bird. HA! Got to love her.
 


Then sometimes when it cools off to a nice 100* straight up in the evenings we play water guns, balloons and sprinklers with the neighbors.



look at that focus. MW may just be the next Tom Brady.


There are no words for these two...

How are you beating the heat? At least the kids don't seem to mind the scorching temps.

2 comments:

  1. I've stopped going outside altogether. That's how I beat the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post!! Lo is so funny!! She really reminds me of myself sometimes. Miss Landrey won't even go under the water this year at all!! But I think Hollis will be my fish:) She loves to swim but no water on her eyes uh hum...Thomas;)

    I think MW and that water balloon throw was a priceless shot!! He'll need that for his Superbowl pics for the pre-show:) Love those kids!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...