Pages

26 July 2012

Home Sweet Home Tour {Micah's Room}

You may remember MW's nursery from here. While I really loved it, I didn't LOVE it. I felt like I threw something together just because we finally got a house and a room for him when he was 5 months. I wanted to put as much thought and love into his room as I continue to do for Leighton's. Plus, while his nursery was cute, I didn't feel like it could grow with him, which is my number #1 criteria in decorating. Thus, his new BIG BOY room--a vintagy, all things boy room. I am pretty happy with how it turned out.

When you first walk in.



His comic book paper airplane mobile. He LOVES it. It was 100% copied and inspired here. Such a adorable idea.



Dresser. I made the chicken wire frame, which was inspired by a high school friend here.
I am in love with that lamp. I found it at Dillons and fell in love. I hated spending $30 on a lamp, but I just couldn't live with out it.

A lot of the stuff in here is actually from when Chad was little, such as that cute baseball coat hook, holding my old bat and Chad's first glove.


My Norman Rockwell print and other splurge. {Can you tell I hate spending money. HA!} "A Day in the Life of a Boy." I made the cute "Oh the Places You'll Go!" printable and just scanned and printed the cover a CARS book. I just loved the vintage look of it.
I am a British girl stuck in an American girls life. Plus, I love the Beatles and MW and I's song is "I Wanna Hold Your Hand." I painted the canvas with the catch phrase "Keep Calm and Rock On." I followed this easy peasy tutorial.
Record frame is from Target, complete with MW's 18m photos in his Beatles shirt. Perfect. :)

I hope you like Micah's room as much as I do, if not don't tell me it will hurt my feelings. :) So this is as good as it gets for now; all that is left is to upgrade him to a big boy bed and bedding...I am thinking this from Pottery Barn complete with my version of the HERO pillow.

2 comments:

  1. I think it is super cool and boyish!! LOVE!! Great job!! I really like the guitar lamp too! You're so crafty.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...