Pages

23 July 2012

Miscellany Monday

Well it's Monday. Monday really means nothing different to me from any other day in the week that ends in "y." But for some reason I am feeling it. Probably all this heat. I know complaining is "so unchristian," but seriously, I can not tolerate it and I am not even pregnant; thus causing us to be couped up inside all.day.long, unless we ventured to Target and let's get real that is really starting to hurt my bottom line. HA! It is really starting to get to me. Everyone is so whiny and I will be the first to admit I am probably their ring leader on that. :) So it's Monday.

In other random news you could care less about; I started working out again at the Y. Oh how I love my Y, it is just one of my favorite places to be. I love working out (well once I get there, the getting out of bed at 545a isn't exactly my favorite thing), I love watching all the people and the things they come up with to do, I love watching CMT on my elliptical thing (since we don't have real cable), I love seeing my friends and I love walking out the door all sweaty and on an exercise high. Not to mention one day I may love my body again. ;) {PS I don't want to hear it Melissa and Meg...;) } So I go 6 days a week because I am addicted and I am uber proud of myself for not making excuses, hitting the snooze button, and continuing to do the ultra early workout. And maybe one day my legs will look like this. :)



I am also trying to get my family to eat health{ier}. I am an RD so eating healthy is a given, but we could do WAY better. I hate strongly dislike meat, especially during the cooking process. Yuck. So I have been wanting to incorporate more vegetarian dishes into our diet. Believe me if it were up to me we would be solid vegetarians, but the hubs isn't sold on that yet. :) So I have a few new vegetarian recipes to try and will let you know how they go. First up Lentil Pot Pies. Oh my hubby is excited!! ::insert sarcasm::

Wanna know a funny story about us?
Once upon a time long before we ever met in college a young man sat in a Basic Nutrition course. There he heard the teacher go on and on about the wonders of healthy foods such as legumes, lentils and other fiberous wonders. That same young man sat there bored and very sad for the teacher's husband. He thought "that poor sap doesn't get to eat anything good."

Fast forward a year later. A young girl sat in the same Basic Nutrition class and devoured all the wonderful nutrition lessons the teacher could spew out. Legumes, lentils, fiber! Yes! What a wonderful way to eat. I too will one day become a dietitian {RD} and spread the "good news."

Fast forward a few months later that young man met that pretty little girl and they fell in love and now he is that "poor sap who doesn't get to eat anything "good." "

God is SO FUNNY!

Have you all seen this blog post yet? Oh my gosh it is so funny about Gap jeans being gateway "mom" jeans. Plus, she gives good tips here on how to shop for jeans. I really love this because I need all the shopping tips I can get and seriously find it remarkable how changing brand and fit can change the whole way your butt and hips looks and two kids later I refuse to go all mom jeans...ever! Check it out.

Speaking of jeans. {are you so bored yet of my life, or lack there of?!} I scored uber cute Banana Republic Jeans ($2.50), an Ann Taylor Loft tank ($2.99), fun and cute shorts (3.99) and a never worn Target tank (2.99) all at Goodwill! I shop there all the time for home goods, but seldom ever find any clothes I just can't live with out or fit right, but it was a good day and I plan on checking them out more often. But the BR jeans pretty much sent me over the moon. I am easily pleased.

Finally I have Micah's new big boy room done. Well as done as it can be with out the big boy bed. He will be stuck in that crib for a good while...I can only handle one child getting up and climbing in my bed at 3a. HA! Post to come, get excited. :) I really love how it is coming together! Sorry no sneak peek...to lazy to upload my camera right now.

Happy Monday!

miscellany monday at lowercase letters

1 comment:

  1. I would like those legs too! And that mom jean post had me cracking up! So glad the store I buy my jeans from is on the "approved" list. (I buy them at express in case u were dying to know ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...