Pages

16 July 2012

MW 1.5 {Watch Me Grow}

How Big is Micah?
SOOOOO BIGGGG!!
18 months. 18 months! How is this happening? You are a real little big boy now. Although, even though physically and developmentally speaking you are way more advanced than your sister was at this age, I still just see you as this little, helpless baby. You aren't that big...

However you remind me daily you are. Personally you think you ARE 3. Everything Lo does, you do. Everything the neighbor kids do, you do. So we may just skip the 2nd birthday and hop right on over to the 3rd one.  HA! You are a fun little boy and I love watching you. Here is what I quickly jotted down this month.

Milestones: You are finally getting more teeth!!! You now have 4 on bottom. 4 on top and a top molar broken through and fairly certain the other one isn't too far behind and quite possibly the bottom ones too. Sissy was a rock star teether, you, well you could be worse, but I can definitely tell something is up, when you get all clingy and whiny at me. Motrin is our best friend right now.

We are getting ready to start potty training. Actually we sort of already started, but mommy got a little bored of it---you have a bladder like a tank, so waiting around for "opportunities" got old real fast. When you did need to go we got it figured out 50/60% of the time, but I figure I will wait just another month before going full steam ahead. HA!

our similarities are scary sometimes. HA!
 Not really a milestone, more of a backslide. This kid is whole heartedly addicted to his paci. Today we had to go to Target and buy MORE, more pacis! How sad are we. I was so embarrassed when the cashier got out her stickers to give the kids and I told them to say please. They both said their pleases and thank yous. She was blown away by MW doing it and asked how old he was. 18 months, and yes, we are here only buying pacis. Sigh. At least whenever we get somewhere and stop the car he takes it out and throws it because he knows he isn't allowed to take it into the store. So when kindergarten rolls around he will at least know to leave it at home... HA!


Language Skills: I may just omit this category from now on. He says everything in the English language. Now granted a lot of people including daddy, don't have the Micah Bear verbage down, but to me it is crystal clear. Some of my favs: "owie," "cofay" {coffee}, "beep beep" "dank do" {thank you}, "EAD" {read, very dramatically}, "bebay" {blankie}, "PAHHH!!!!!" {paci}, "1,2,1 dump" {jump}--he even uses his fingers to "count" and "yes." Oh and he calls me "mimi," not mommy or momma, I love my own special name. :)

Eating: Like a teenage boy. Feeds himself + less mess = happy mommy.
Sleep: Awesome. The other night we were playing with the neighbors and I took MW into bed and came back out like 5 minutes later, they were all "Micah's asleep already?!"
 I just looked at them and said, "yeah, he puts himself to bed, isn't that what they do?"
::baffled and amazed faces:: Apparently that is NOT what they do...who knew?! Both of my kids do this, they may have been HORRID first year sleepers and waited until 8/10m to sleep through the night, but now they are both awesome.
Routine: {Bedtime 7ish} Find paci, find blankie, jammies on, fresh diaper, lotion on face, read a book {very newly added to routine}, turn on sound machine and fan, lay him down, kiss, lights off and close door. Usually asleep within 10-15 minutes. Fussing would be a rarity. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
However, we are STILL taking two naps, averaging 1.5 and 2 hours respectively, each day. I tried today to get him to drop it, but he was dead asleep before we could even feed the poor kid lunch. He napped 2 hours and was up, by 5p he was exhausted...so I wait. Lo was done with that by this age, so it is a bit weird for me.

he has this new thing of sticking his tongue out all.the.time.
Favorite toy/book(s): All of a sudden Micah has found a LOVE for books. I laugh, because this is about the age Lo was when she went through started this seemingly never ending phase. ;) One afternoon around nap time daddy was taking Lo to her room and asked her to pick out a book to read, I was taking Micah to his room for nap. Lo asked "what book is Micah going to read?!" Daddy said "Micah doesn't read books before nap yet..." That was it, he heard that and promptly ran into her room, grabbed a "book, book. EAD!!!" And that is all she wrote folks, he must be read to 100x/day now. Can't complain though, it is a great love affair to have. :)
He doesn't seem too attached to any toys right now, just plays with anything and everything sissy has. It can be a war zone some days. :) Except the slide. You do love the slide and now go down head first. We can thank sissy for that one. And yes those are girly monkey undies...he found them in the (clean) laundry basket and insisting on wearing them...who am I to say no. HA!
Anecdotes/Quirky things you do:
*When you have a stinky diaper, I bag it and then you insist on walking the bag to the stairs and throwing it down to the landing {where I then kick it out into the garage for daddy to deal with. :)}

*Of course throwing things down the stairs is not just limited to the trash. Shoes, books, toys, clothes, pretty much whatever you can find at your disposal.
*You constantly beg me for my "cofay," {coffee}. Never had any, but insist on trying to drink it everyday.
*Your new name will be Mogli, since everything must be climbed!!!! I swear you were raised by wolves, but then I remember you are MY son completely, I am not sure daddy contributed much other than the Y chromosome, it is that bad. ;) You have zero fear, your loud, you are strong, your determined, your passionate, you are kind, you are compassionate and empathetic. It is why you and I struggle so and probably always will; we are just two peas in a pod. Problem is we don't want to share a pod. HA!

I was a STRONG baby/kid, well still am. ;)
Anyway, MW taking after me, he is on his own power pushing up into a handstand,
 I am merely balancing him. Wow. He will be my future gymnast. :)

scaling the couch to the ledge. Thanks again Lo for that one. 
It is seriously monkey see monkey do around here. If it isn't her it is him teaching the other one something "fun" to do. Seriously, who are their parents? When I have kids I am never... ;)
 
*You are great at sharing--with your sissy at least. Anything you hear her say she wants, you get it for her. You keep that up and you are going to be a WONDERFUL hubby someday. ;)

you think you are such a "cool dude" in sunglasses, even if they are pink. 

*You also love her best. She is the only one who gets your kisses. And mommy is last on the kissing list. I am trying not to let it hurt my feelings. :)

See sometimes I get these special moments...
 

Temperament: see above.
Stats:
Ht: 29in {mommy guesstimate} 30in {2%}

Wt: 22# {mommy guesstimate} {6%}
Head Circumference: 18.25 {14%}

Clothes: 9-12-18m
Shoes: 4/5
Diaper: 3 swaddlers/4   

3 comments:

  1. You are so funny--I love your comments:) He looks like you!! Do you think so? I seriously cannot believe how BIG he is with all that he is doing!! My little man can walk but now that he knows we know he can he makes this huge dramatic whiny face and cries if we ask him to walk to us---sigh. He is a HUGE momma's boy! Give MW hugs and smoochies! I am so proud of him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog, Chele! I'm trying to imagine Lo at this age. Glad that I can just look back and read up about her. It's been some year and a half for you and your family since Micah arrived! You are all treasures to me! Love, Grandma Rachel <><

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading & seeing both of you girl's Blog's. I can feel a little closet that way. I am absolutely NOT prejudice but I think I have the CUTEST, Sweetest & Smartest ggrand kids any where !!!! You are both great Journalist too..Love & Hug's, Grandma Audrey

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...