Pages

14 September 2012

Soggy Fair

Yesterday Chad and I took the kids, along with my mom and sister to the State Fair.
It was soggy. But we made the best of it. It wasn't as much fun as it could have been on a dry, sunny, warm day, but it was still fun and Leighton was one happy girl.

Start of the day. I knew it would be rainy and 60*ish but apparently I didn't dress us appropriately. Thankfully, between my mom's car and ours we scrounged up enough extra jackets and blankets to make it work.

 Pig Races.
 Petting zoo.

 Leighton kept telling all of us this was a tiger! HA
I had to laugh because this is a Zedonk {zebra/donkey cross} apparently these animals can NOT reproduce. Funny because if evolution is about genetic mutations, wouldn't they keep reproducing the "mistake?!" HA! Maybe only I find that interesting and funny. Evolution at its finest. :)

Next door was the pony rides. Leighton remembered riding them last year, so she sweet talked grammy into the ride. 
Doesn't MW look like such a little man? How is he getting so big?!?

Grammy thought MW would want to ride too...he acted all excited, until he actually got on, then he freaked. The fair worker said let's just take a few steps and see if he calms down...he didn't, so he just watched sissy who was thrilled!
 Leighton rode Jake. She is obsessed with Jake and the Neverland Pirates currently, obsessed, so it was only natural to ride Jake the pony. HA! Also, Meg was her BFF yesterday. Only Meg could push her and take her places. :)

Birthing Center hosted by none other than KSU Vet Med.
 Brand new baby cow, s/he was a twin. Only days old.
We had just missed a cow giving birth. :( Some of you may be grossed out by it, but it is so cool.

Another KSU ag play area. The kids love running around in here. Another nice escape from the rain.


So MW loved this "pony" ride; guess the real pony was the scary part. HA!




Attempt at nap time...

Pretty much sums up our soggy fair day.

Meg, and maybe me, were dying for a red velvet funnel cake...it took us all day to find a vendor, but when we did it was heaven and a perfect end to the day. I told you Meg I was going to post this. HA!


Bye bye fair! 
Lo was pretty sad she couldn't do the fountains this year or ride the train with grammy...so here's to a hopefully drier, warmer next year!

1 comment:

  1. All I have to say about that pic of me is ....IM SEXY AND I KNOW IT! LOL plus that was DE-licious! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...