Pages

23 September 2012

The Things Lo Says

Last night I was putting Lo to bed and about 5 minutes after I left I see her standing in the hallway like a poltergeist. She is sneaky, and is constantly scaring the bejesus out of me, but this is very common.

M: What are you doing up?
Lo: Mommy! It's going to rain come look. I am scared.
M: ::heavy sighs:: {The excuses this girl comes up with, clearly she read Auntie Meg's "1001 Excuses To Annoy Your Parents and Keep From Bed." Not sure it is a best seller yet. So I follow her to her room to see.}
Lo: See Mommy! Look at those clouds.
M: Yes, but baby those are just plain, regular ole clouds, not rain clouds. Now please get into bed and go to sleep.
{She seemed less than convinced. I just so happened to have the iPad in my hand.}
M: Look baby I will show the radar on the iPad  and prove it is NOT going to rain tonight.
{I proceed to pull up chnl 12 radar, not a cloud, false echo, or 2% chance for rain until Wednesday. Finally convinced I kissed her goodnight.}

1030p--Chad calls to tell me he is on his way home from Norman, you know where KSU beat OU. Go CATS! As I crawl back into bed, I hear what sounds like moths attacking our window...thankfully it is not, it was RAIN! Seriously? Rain. After I assured my daughter there would be no rain until Wednesday!

 He is a "sick" bear with allergies, new teeth and canker sores in his mouth. So don't judge the paci, it brings him joy. :)


I don't know why, but I felt really bad, like I had lied to her. So I wrote it off as a fluke rain cloud and figured she would never know.

4aish (I think) Enter thunderstorm, complete with very loud thunderclaps and bright as mid-day lightening displays. Awesome. Now I really lied to her. I just laid there waiting for her to come in crying. She never did. She sleeps hard. PLT!

730a- Lo comes in to snuggle. I tell her all about the rain and how she was right and the meteorologist with their big fancy degree is wrong. She smiled and said "Why God do that to them then?! I guess God wanted it to rain and they did not know."

Oh sweet baby girl, you are right and you are so thoughtful to cut the meteorologist a break. :) I mean seriously what job out there can you be wrong numerous times and still get to keep your job? Meteorology is where it is at I guess.

And praise God for that rainstorm, because we need every.single.drop.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...