Pages

24 September 2012

Weekend Rewind

Here is the 411 at our house:

{One} I am not one to really "buy into" the whole "terrible twos" thing. I didn't have it with Lo, sure we had our moments, but overall great kid. But MW...well he is making me question the validity of the theory.
The other day he was mad about something...still don't know what...and walked over here, put his feet on the wall and started screaming, crying and kicking the wall as hard as he could. So like any good mother, I took a picture and walked away laughing. {He didn't see me laughing, don't want him thinking this is "cute."} Five minutes later, I kid you not, he got up, walked over to his high chair and sat down and ate lunch. Okay, glad you feel better.
{Two} For Friday Fun this week Lo wanted to decorate the house for Fall. So we did. Post to come.
{Three} My little fashionista. This girl has style. 98% of the time she emerges from her room with some outfit she put together and it actually looks really great. I would have never come up with that combo on my own. She is into headbands now. I think she looked so cute rocking a little sparkly head band.
{Four} Beautiful weather. The temps are perfect now. Being outside is a joy and not a chore anymore!

{Five} 30 is knocking on my door. As in mere weeks I leave my youth behind and join the Medicaid group. Just kidding. Although that is what it feels like as my body is whole-heartedly rejecting this 30 business and instead embracing 80. On Friday, for my "Friday Fun" I got to go to the doctor and get a cortisone shot in my hip. And since I am a mother and can't get 2 minutes to sit down and ice said area, I came up with my own game plan. Don't be jealous--I'm Sexy and I know it! ;)
But really this whole thing is beyond frustrating. I do everything right and still wind up hurt and injuried all the time. People like to blame my mad gymnastic and cheerleading skills, but I am not buying it, I am still too young for this arthritis business. :( Okay pity pat party over. Not like it is going to slow me down. I will hobble into the gym with my walker if I have too! :)

{Six} Big Boy Boxers. I found these on clearence at Target and got MW some real underpants. He is doing so good at potty training with no accidents, that I thought he could sport some real boxers. How cute is he?!
I told Chad at least he will look like he has shorts on in all my pictures now, may not match, but at least we are clothed! :)

{Six} Birthday Party. My cousin's son had his 3rd Birthday last weekend. It was a crazy weekend, but so glad we could go and celebrate him! Here are just 3 out of 7 cousins. The other 4 live far far away! :(

{Seven} KSU vs. OU Game! Chad was invited to go to the game with his buddy, who is an OU grad and has season tickets. Chad said it was awesome and that the OU fans were nice to him when they found out he was a KSU grad/fan. So Chad sat in a sea of Red and cheered our Cats onto victory!!



{Eight} On Sunday afternoon we celebrated my mom's birthday! Happy Birthday Mom! We love you!!!

 MW chowin' down on CAKE!!!


{Nine} Last night we went to Hillsong a Christian group/worship team...not really sure how to best describe them, other than A-MAZ-ING! You just can't beat a great worship session. And chances are you probably sing a lot of their songs in your own Church worship sets.

 Seeing people just worshiping God together so passionately, it is just amazing. God was there.
There were also so many youth there. In a day where they say young kids are leaving the Church in hordes, I was blown away watching them worship so freely and passionately for Christ. They are our future after all.


{Ten} Leighton colored me this beautiful picture. She normally just scribbles on plain paper and hardly ever chooses to color an actual picture. When I picked her up from KidZone this AM she presented me with this. I was in awe of how well she did. This will definitely make the "keep" pile for her crafts. :)


It has been quiet the weekend/week, but the fun isn't over. It is just getting started. I go back to work this month, coupled with Judgement House rehearsals and stage nights {post to come}, it is sure to get a whole lot busier for this old lady. :)

If you made it to the end of this random train, feel free to disembark and check out other ramblings here:

miscellany monday at lowercase letters

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed all your randomness but am sure sorry about your hip. Yes, you really are too young for that and hopefully it will be short lived. But, let me assure you, you are still soooooo young. Add 30 to your age and you'll be my age. Yikes! Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm exhausted just reading this, but still lot's of fun times !
    Just think when I was 30 you were almost 2 years older than Lo, and I was "lookin good" !, just take my word for it, no pictures available, thank goodness !!!
    Just love those two kiddos and all their antics!
    >>>Papa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm exhausted just reading this, but still lot's of fun times !
    Just think when I was 30 you were almost 2 years older than Lo, and I was "lookin good" !, just take my word for it, no pictures available, thank goodness !!!
    Just love those two kiddos and all their antics!
    >>>Papa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...