Pages

08 January 2013

Kids Say the Darndest Things


Some things I don't want to forget.

Whenever you ask Leighton who/what/when or why and she doesn't know the answer she always responds:
"Who knows it?!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whenever Leighton is telling a story on Micah {read: tattling} she always says:
"Mom! Come  look what your son did..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The other day I was lying on the couch snuggling Micah.
M: I love you.
MW: luv ju.
M: I love you SO MUCH!
MW: luv ju much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Micah "sings" along with the Jake and the Never Land Pirates theme song. Actually the only word he knows is the "AND ME" at the end. Leighton on the other hand knows every word and is starting to use her best singing voice to sing it. She use to just sort of say the words, but now you can hear the melody coming out of her mouth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Leighton sings Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer as
"Rudolph the Red Deers Nose Deer..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
M: Micah are you my BIG boy?
MW: No peas {please}
M: You are not my big boy?
MW: no, grl {girl}
M: You are my big Girl?!?
MW: {smiling proudly}  Yeah.

Ok...I will try and not be too worried about that. {Mostly I am not, he idolizes Leighton to the nth degree and so since she is MY big Girl, he wants to be too...I may worry more when he actually understands the difference between the genders...HA!}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lo: Daddy you don't workout so much anymore. You use to go to the Y all the time at summertime, but now you don't really go to much.
Lo: Mommy still goes to the Y each day. You {daddy} need to workout to be helfee {healthy}
M: BAHAHAHA!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
M: Leighton you look absolutely adorable today.
Lo: ::Beams proudly::
MW: I door-bell {adorable} ::smiles proudly::
M: Yes, buddy you are adorable too!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday, I heard there was a chance for snow Wed night {we will see...}. So I excited told Lo and her BFF that they should remember to pray about it tonight and ask Jesus for the snow to really come because we need the moisture and it would be fun to play in this close to Christmas.

Editors note: This was written WEEKs ago, obviously, and it DID snow. :) 2x actually over break.

Lo immediately bounds off to her room exclaiming: "Come on Cole, let's go to my room and pray to Jesus for snow!"

And while she wouldn't let me into her room, I did catch some of their cute prayers on video, but you can't hardly make it out. :( But you can imagine the child like faith they had.

More than anything I want her to know that she can trust Jesus in the big things and little things in her life. I want her to know that maybe it won't snow, but that didn't mean Jesus didn't hear her prayer. He is simply saying "Wait."

It was a moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...