Pages

18 January 2013

Things Leighton Says

Ok I know all I am posting lately is my Kids Say the Darnedest Things...I will try and do better, but it is all I have and I can't bear to forget it. And maybe it may bring some laughter to your day.

I don't remember what exactly we were talking about, but I said something to Chad about "that is Awesome..."
Lo replys with "God's AWESOME."
My mouth just hit the floor. 'Yep, He sure is."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Side note--Leighton is obsessed with being 3 again. She is flat out refusing to turn 4, she will cry if you talk about it. She just doesn't want to grow up yet.
So on Micah's birthday...
M: I can't believe I have a 2 year old and an almost 4 year old (Feb 15).
Lo: Almost 3 year old mommy.
M: Weeelllll, technically you are going to be 4.
Lo: Weeellll, technically I am going to be 3.
M: HA! Ok baby whatever you say.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last Saturday (Jan. 12) I got called out of church after marching all the way up to the.very.front.row. to find a sit all by my lonesome 20 minutes after the service started. Chad was in the sound booth. I do puppets for the 3/4yo.
On the way there Lo said her tummy hurt. I figured it was 515p and she hadn't had anything to eat, not even one goldfish cracker or milk, so I ignored her.
While doing puppets I could see her on my computer monitor and she looked sad and pathetic, not her usual bouncy self. Maybe she didn't nap well?!
Back to church.
After I paraded all the way to the front feeling eyes boring into me and judging me for being late, paying close attention to the message our pastor had begun preaching, I see a number flash on the screen. Naturally, every parent in there prays it isn't their kid. To my horror I realize it is my number! MINE. Really?! I just sat down, and I haven't had to worry about my kids since MW was 10m.
So I proceed to get up and parade back down the sanctuary while aforementioned eyes are staring and everyone silently "tisk tisking me", everyone is taking in every word pastor Mark has to say.
At this point I have no idea which child it is. I assume Micah. Nope. Happily playing.
Leighton?! Really?! When I come up on her, she is in completely new clothes and crying.
My first thought a really bad potty accident...no, mom she puked all over herself in Adventure Avenue.
What?!! We don't get sick, she had no symptoms, great I am "that mom" who brings a sick kid to church. I am so sorry. Baby are you alright. Tears.
I gather her up and explain someone has to go get me my son. {our church locks our kids down tight and no one can get their kids unless it is a major emergency.} While I go pull up the car, because this story wouldn't be complete without the freak snow/ice shower we got that afternoon.

Bless her she was sick for the next 24 hours.

Later when I asked what her tummy felt like so we could establish a baseline for that sick feeling  I said "Baby, did it feel like you had butterflies in your tummy?!"
Without missing a beat she replies "NO! It felt like crocodiles!"

I already felt bad for her, but that made me feel so sad for her. You just hate seeing your kids sick.
Daddy: I wish I could be sick for you sweetie.
Mommy: Yeah, me too. I wish Daddy could be sick for you too.
Daddy: Really? You wouldn't take this from her.
Mommy: Yes, but you offered. No sense in me taking that from you.

Mommy gets sick 24 hours later.


1 comment:

  1. We have had it here too! It hit my 14 month-old (he was still 13 months at the time)the Friday before Christmas while we were on our family Christmas date. Then my 4 year-old and I woke up at 3:30 Christmas morning with it! Not fun! I feel for you having to get up and go get her out of church too! We are still unable to leave my son in nursery without one of us there. He does fine in Bible class!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...