Pages

18 December 2013

A Day in the Life & Forgotten Moments

In the midst of Christmas moments and traditions, I have been wanting to write out our day in the life, since I know how much people love to compare their day to day to mine. Seriously, I think it is fun to see how other moms spend their day, let's just consider it sort of an evaluation of our jobs. :)

Plus as my Family Journal project 365 is now 10 weeks behind and the New Year is looming...I will need my quips to refer back on if I can ever get caught back up.

Here's how this works--random photos smattered throughout the telling of my day week.

I have said this before, but I don't get out of bed before Leighton comes bounding in or smacks me in the face to wake me up in the morning. As most mornings you will find her in our bed. It is so common we come to expect it. I don't even realize anymore she is sleeping with us until well into the wee hours of the morning. Unless she is restless and punches me in the face or kicks me in the tummy.
Let's just grade this as a B- for parenting. 
I mean letting your kid sleep in your bed nightly isn't exactly encouraged. However, Chad and I feel like she is only this little ::ahem almost 5!!:: once, so what will it hurt. One day she won't be caught dead with us.

First eye exam. Passed with flying colors.


Most mornings I have to be to the Y to teach pre-K gymnastics by 845a. When you don't get yourself and your kids out of bed before 745a it makes for a hetic morning of frantically dressing and eating cheerios and of course we have to get a Care Bears episode in.
Probably going to get a C+ on this one. 

By the time we get home it is nearly lunch time. My MW is an introvert, just learning this about him.
Another C+ in mommy/child assessment.
So he is D-O-N-E when we get home. He is wiped out and cranky. He always goes straight to his room, grabs his "moon" paci, blankers and snuggles up while I get lunch around and breakfast dishes picked up.
I really should get a C- for the morning for not picking up breakfast dishes before I left! Shhh. don't tell my mom, she would die!


Here is where the day looks up! We eat lunch, play, and get ready for naps around 1/130p.
A+ for mommy. I mean what mom screws up nap time. Oh the one who lets her introvert hang out in his room and forgets to check on him and finds him dead asleep some days--that's who.

My darling daughter has decided that napping is not for her. I made the decision she could stay up vs. fighting her on napping each day.
A for not fighting with a 4.5 year old.
C+ for not having both kids nap.
Putting on lip gloss
All pretty beautiful.



At first I thought I would hate having her up, but like anything when your kids nap schedules evolve and change you get use to it. I actually enjoy her company. She does have to give me 20 minutes of quiet time before "bugging" me. And if I want to nap I do and she has to go play on her own. Usually she gets bored and tired and climbs up on the couch next to me and falls fast asleep. OR if I want to watch a mommy show she has to go play in the play room. This all has really worked out nicely. Now we both like to watch the Duggars. Win- win.
A+ for successful nap time!

I hate Lo's stringy hair. So I tried my hand at French braiding.
Not too shabby for my first time on ultra thin hair.

Daddy is usually home by 430ish.
Dinner is still at 501p
Daddy is in charge of bath and bed, since I am gone most evenings.
A for mommy and daddy!

In the evenings I am off to worship team practice or small group, other nights I coach the older gymnasts and some nights it is home sweet home with my family.
Oh my sweet Sass. 
She wanted to see the ornaments on the BACK of the tree.
So naturally, you would lean all the way over the couch and...
FALL.
I seriously thought it was broken, again.
Thankfully just a sprain and all healed up in a few days.

I am finally finding a balance between church, work and family and it feels good.
A++ for that effort.

Completed her green book for gymnastics!

I guess overall I get a B+ as a mom. Not too shabby.

Other page 3 news
* I finally got to resign from my RD job. HALLELUJAH! They were many reasons behind the decision, but I am so happy to be done. My company is an amazing company to work for, but my heart just wasn't in it.

* I LOVE my new job coaching gymnastics. To some this may seem like a step down, but to me it is a dream come true. I have said for years I would love to coach cheerleading or gymnastics full time. And while I am not exactly doing it full time, I still love it. Going to a job that isn't a job, well it's bliss. Plus my kids get to come with me and I spend 6+ hours in the gym a week getting better and better each week. My hope is Lo will be able to compete in a years time.


MW trying to bridge up. so cute.


*We did a major toy purge in prep for Christmas...sure doesn't look like much is missing, but trust me we got rid of a lot.


 *Things like this seriously keep me awake at night. Lo's room is just one constant re-do.
First we have the toddler bed for 6 months, then we move on to the big twin, now I am adding in Tiffany blue and sunshine yellow and fading out the black. Anyway, I have HATED her bed against the wall, it needed to be out of safety at first, but now not so much. One day I was just so fed up I yanked her bed around and then I slept like a baby. The end.


Well that about sums up our days and lives don't you feel better know all this?! I know I do. :)




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...