Pages

17 December 2013

Christmas Program {Jingle Jam 2013}

Man so much to catch up on--all of which just happened last week!

Lo had her Christmas Program. Most of these photos are from dress rehearsal because on the actual night she sort of got inadvertently shoved in the back; I tried to teach her my "box it out" move that I learned on my C-team Jr. High basketball team. However, she choose to embrace her spot. And she did fantastic.

I would like to upload the video, but that is Chad's jurisdiction and well...

Rehearsal night. She got her light up hat and tambourine!


They opened the show by parading in. She was nervous, yet composed. After the 3rd go around she nailed it.
Doing their thing. We had her practice as much as we could remember. She really surprised me this year with remembering and being confident on stage. Of course we are almost 5, so she is a big girl now. ;)

Here are photos of her from the performance night.
None from stage turned out and I gave up and decided to just soak her in and watch since she was in the back.

But she got her hair cut in an adorable A-line bob the day before and she let me curl it all up. LOVE!!





This one is my FAVORITE. Love them.

I am sassy and I know it.

 This is our set at church. They go all out. They know how to work a piece of Styrofoam.


Other happenings...aka Christmas Traditions.
Christmas Crafts.
The kids made a snowman for their doors. Sort of makes you feel like you are living in a dorm the way they dress up their doors, but hey, your only 2 and 4 once.

Finished products.


Here Ms. Creative is decorating her castle with Christmas lights. Her creativity always makes me smile because I was just like her as a kid, at least in my mind. I am still dreaming up stuff. She definitely takes after me in this. We are simple, but we see the beauty in everything and that includes people.
Confession.
I went to Hunger Games: Catching Fire a few Fridays ago {Nov 30}. AMAZING.
I never read the books because at first I thought what a terrible {and stupid} concept. How can people read about kids killing each other? Psychos.
Then my hubby read them. Then we watched Hunger Games dvd. I liked it and saw that it was more than just kids killing each other, it was way deeper than that. But I still wasn't going to read the books {ain't nobody got time for that ;) }.
Then I fell in love with Jennifer Lawrence.
After we got home from the movie I cracked opened Catching Fire. Who needs to read book 1. HA! I skimmed it. On Friday the 6th I read ALL of Catching Fire and on Saturday I read ALL of Mockingjay. Little got done around here. That's why I don't read. Once I start I can't do anything else.

This is Lo and I snuggled up reading. She with her iPad stories and me with Mockingjay. Best.cold.snowy.day.ever.

Lo enjoying the snow/ice. That is pretty much the extent of it. Yay. {not} Hopefully we will get more later?!?!!?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...