Pages

03 December 2013

Thanksgiving Week

Thanksgiving week.
Started with packing up our operation Christmas Child boxes.


 


Followed by an adenoid surgery on Tuesday for Sass. She snores. Bad. She sleeps horrible. This is something I have been meaning to bring up at her well baby for years. I never remembered and didn't think it was dire. However we are undergoing insurance changes and wanted to take full advantage of our deductible. :) So I took her in to an ENT, he said her adenoids were very large in her tiny face. He thought this was affecting a lot of things--even bed wetting at night. Say what?! I didn't even mention it, he just said it at random. 
Anyway, she is a worrier. She gets it from her dad's side. The worry and obsessing they do over things makes me look like a cool cumber. She asked question after question. Obsessed over every detail. Each night I would pray over her Zephaniah 3:17.
The Lord your God is with you
He is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you; 
and will quiet you with His love
and rejoice over you with singing.
Tuesday arrived and we were off. She was composed and "excited" once we got there. I think the anticipation was the hardest part. Here she is dressed and ready. 

 
They took her to get a little lovie, a rainbow whale she named Minnie Mouse. HA! And then led us to a playroom area where she could watch Disney channel and roam around. It was so nice. When MW had surgery it was horrible trying to keep him content and entertain. This was so much better.

Then they came for her. She walked off so big and brave. Hardly said good-bye. 1 hour later she was back in my arms in recovery. {It was just she and I, so no pics.} She was pretty alert, but complained about her throat a LOT. :( Then she came home to see daddy and we took her to a special lunch at Chick-fil-A. Followed by a rest on the couch.

With Daddy. Be Still My Heart.


Thanksgiving Day. 3 Things you should know.
1. We always spend it with my Father in law's side.
2. We always get the perfect family picture on a timer. Every time.
3. Micah and I hate the food and daddy and Lo love it.

Some practice runs with the timer.



After we got our perfect picture in 1 take. We move on to silly pics.



And this is what I am MOST thankful for. Our crazy, awesome family.
We are Blessed Beyond Measure.

{2013}

A Flash back
{2009}
{2010}

{2011}

{2012}

{2013}

Over the weekend we celebrated with my MIL. She and Lo put out baby Jesus. Just look how motherly my little Sass is. She is going to be a great mom someday. I just love her.




At some point my MIL broke out her accordian and the kids played. It was a hoot.

And the of course an impromptu leaf jump before we went home.


We have so much to be thankful for. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!


The result of our Tree of Thanksgiving 2013
                         







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...