Pages

28 December 2014

Have Your Self A Merry Little Christmas... {2014 Part I}

I really just want to quit and give up on blogging and scrapbooking like so many who have gone before me; BUT I am not a quitter and then a small voice whispers "what if you regret not capturing everything?!" I think about all the photos stored on this computer and the only anyone ever really gets to see them is through my blog and scrapbooking. Remember the good ole days when you would print 4 rolls of photos and all sit around and look at them before tossing them into a shoe box?! Me too. That was fun. ;)

So alas before the New Year I hope to get caught up on the Christmas Fun because it really is the best time of the year.

This Christmas was honestly one of the best ones I can remember since I was a little girl waking up bright eyed and bushy tailed at 3a. My parents loved that! :) Chad and I even reminisced over all childhood Christmas' and getting Ninetendos and Game-boys {those were the first iPads my friend}. How we played them non-stop the entire 2 week break. The game was Mario Brothers, mission save the Princess--who needs educational games when a Princess and Yoshi are at stake here?! So as I digress stop acting like your kids playing ABCs on the iPad is the worst thing you have done as a parent, look what your parents let you do and you turned out mostly fine. ;) HA!

Back to it being the best Christmas thus far. It was. The kids are 3 and 5 nearly 4 and 6 in the next month! AH! They really took everything in and played Christmas morning while Chad and I sat back and sipped coffee and took it all in.
We also traveled to KC for Christmas as fun family get away. The kids were amazing. No naps required. Can I get an AMEN!

So over the next few blog posts we shall recap.
Get excited!

Up first Leighton's Christmas "Program."
I use the term loosely because she sings one song in the whole production. But she is cute and we love it. Pictures are from rehearsal along with the first half of the video below. Mommy may or may not have screw up the video-ing during the actual live performance...should of let daddy do it. MW was suppose to do this too, but he was too 'cared to do it. Then the night of the performance he "changed his mind." Too bad buddy, maybe next year. :)

Our church always has amazing sets...




Performance night. She is the pretty one in the red dress. ;)  Wait they all are. HA! I crack myself up.





   VIDEO for your viewing pleasure.


Of course no Christmas is complete without a visit to the man in red.
Waiting oh so patiently...

 I see this being one of those pictures the re-create in 10 years...such goof balls. I love these kids so much.

 Their lists are done.
 They are are all siblings in their hearts.


 No tears for MW this year! Still needed momma to hold his hand, but no tears!


 Hometown Christmas then has some other fun events like barrel trains, smores, cookie decorating etc to make for a fun evening.


 I think I will end with Lo and her class Gingerbread House Party.
I am glad daddy is at school with her so he can sneak in and catch a few of these moments. I am also so thankful to be a stay at home mom, that allows me to be at all these parties. Money could never buy me back these moments.







Coming Soon Part II
Highlights including snow, and cookie making...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...