Pages

11 August 2011

Back to School

This is probably my favorite time of year. Back to school time. Sure summer fun is great, but I don't care for the heat, I prefer the cold. However, back to school symbolizes to me a fresh start, a clean slate. This is my "new year's resolution" time if you will. As a kid I always had high hopes for the new school year. It was so fun to think how the whole year would go and make goals and plans. Having a teacher for a husband keeps this little ritual going for me. If we were employed in year round jobs we probably wouldn't even notice the seasons.

Ready for Fall in Micah's 12m track suit. Nice Lo. Nice.

I love having Chad home for the summer, but I am also so ready to get back into a routine, something that has been severely lacking since Micah was born nearly 7 months ago. Today is our first "practice" day without Chad help. And so far it has been great. Lo is playing by herself, following instruction and Micah is just doing his baby thing {happily, I might add}.

Some goals and routine I want to get into are:
*Getting dressed nicely everyday. I am sick of looking like a slob in sweats, no make-up and pony-tail hair everyday {which is a big reason I cut 6 inches off yesterday!} It is fine once in awhile but day after day starts to make me feel yucky.
*Teach Lo. I want to take time at least 2-3x/week to sit down with Lo and work with her on some skill.
*Get into a daily routine. Such as cleaning on Mondays, laundry on Fridays, etc. I want to make the most use of my time and not find myself sitting around wasting my precious free minutes.
*Finally get back to the gym. I have not been back since MW was born, again 7 months ago. I have been hesitant to take him to the kid zone as a preemie and then the craziness of summer hit. It is just time and I am ready.

Bring on Football Season too!

It's a start, but I am really motivated and excited to start checking things off my every growing to-do and project list!


3 comments:

  1. I too am ready for Fall but unfortunately, we'll miss it this year, because GA doesn't really get a fall, but I can not wait until Winter!! I want a good snow storm - everyone tells me I'm crazy, but when you've not been around snow for so long you want a good one! I love Lo's cheerleading outfit. I want to get one for Katelyn this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya on the getting dressed thing. I just started getting the girls dressed regularly everyday this spring... myself, not so much. I like to peek in at WIWW for new ideas every once in awhile, but no way I would take pictures of myself to hold myself accountable for getting dressed.

    http://thepleatedpoppy.com/2011/08/what-i-wore-wednesday-32/

    I, too, prefer the cold. I just blogged about it today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute track suit! we had one very similar to that for LB in 9 mo :) Awwww how I miss football season at KState! We are going to try and get up there for the Texas game but tickets are oh so pricey that I'm not sure it'll work out. Here's to hoping!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...