Pages

29 August 2011

A Good Night's Sleep.

It is amazing what a good night's sleep does for you. I don't even remember the last time I have slept through the night. Pre-pregnancy with Micah maybe?! Anyway Friday I was battling the early stages of a migraine and felt terrible. I decided once I got Micah in bed around 7-730ish I would go to bed too and I did. Micah must have known his momma needed some rest because the first time he got up was at 6a the next morning! Chad said he woke up at 10p and cried for 20minutes, but I must have been in a coma because I didn't hear a peep. HA!

A good night's rest brought to you courtesy of Micah.

When I awoke the next morning I have never felt so refreshed and energized. I felt like taking on the world, but my house was a good place to start. HA!

I started off the morning baking mini banana muffins with both kids. Normally, I would wait and just do it with Lo, but with all my energy thought I could take it on with both kids help!


Lo got this baking kit for Christmas and I am just now getting around to using it with her. We had fun and they were delicious.

While the muffins were baking I took on my next task. Organizing my recipes. Am I the only one who rips recipes out of magazines and then throws them in their recipe book cupboard?!

Not a dramatization, a true before pic of the mess. HA!

This was my first recipe book I got when Chad and I were to be married. It was from working in a hospital kitchen. Needless to say it became a recipe catch all. IT was time for some organization. Seldom do I even use recipes, so not sure why I have all of these, but on the rare occasion I can't remember the recipe or my Rachel Ray measurements come out wrong... it is nice to be able to find it in a timely manner without a hundred pages come dumping on my head.

I also got laundry done.
Caught Lo's scrapbook up through March. {post to come}
Finished Micah's mobile for his room. {post to come}
And even just relaxed some.
Bliss.

Then on Sunday morning I got another full nights sleep and woke up to this:

I love seeing God's fingerprint.
On another note here is our first Mommy School project: {A Bird feeder}
Lo was so proud. And as soon as it was hung she started shouting: "Here birds, come and get it!"
So far no birds, but we did have a squirrel attempt to steal our food. Hopefully when the fall comes they will come to our bird feeder.

As for last night. Micah was up by 2a (he got 7.5 hours) so for him that is sleeping through the night. He has learned to sit up in his crib and I think he was scared. But then after nursing he fell right back to sleep until morning. {645a}.
Not going to count my chickens, but just hoping after 32 weeks he will FINALLY start sleeping through the night by my standards. {12 hours!}

1 comment:

  1. Yea for sleep! Do you want your Hyatt gift certificate back??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...