Pages

16 August 2011

Micah 7 Months {Watch Me Grow}

Micah you are 7 months old today. How can that be?! It wasn't the 7th Heaven I was hoping for like I experienced with your sissy. I am loving each passing month. It seems like after month 6 the new big developments happen in leaps and bounds and you are a new baby each month. These are my favorite times. I love that you are my snuggly, sweet baby boy.

Milestones: You are crawling! {well army crawling or the pulling my limp body across the floor, but you are so close and it serves you well.} You also put yourself into a sitting position the other day, but haven't done it again since. So right on track with your sissy. You reach for me. Insert melted heart here. And you reach for everything. The bumbo is no longer a safe place to leave you since you can nearly crawl out of it to get whatever object has captured your attention.

reaching for momma

ready to crawl

Language Skills: Again starting to feel you are behind. You seem to understand things, but you don't really say any vowel sounds, which is weird because you are talked to far more than Lo ever was.
28 weeks

sitting up big boy. He can sit for hours.

Eating: We are nursing every 3-4 hours with a cereal snack at the 2 hour mark to get you that far. You hate veggies, so I just gave up and give you fruits and cereal only. I try to sneak a bite or two of veggies in at dinner, but I usually met with you literally spitting it at me! Your sister never ever did that. Ah, feeding you is very frustrating. You love to feed yourself and then throw your spoon. Again super frustrating. Still working on you eating puffs, you aren't so sure about those things.


Sleeping: You have regressed a bit in this department. You go to bed around 730p, wake at 930/10p to nurse, sleep until 2a-ish, nurse, sleep until 530/6ish, nurse, up for the day by 730/8a. So not great for the mommy. The whole cry it out thing doesn't work. You don't stop ever. Plus, I am just so worn out and tired I would just rather nurse you and go back to sleep, quickly. Naps are about an hour at 930/10ish; 1ish; and a quick power nap at 4ish. But at least you are consistent.

Pulled his lovie blankie over his head and fell asleep.
Mommy had to go up every 2 minutes to check that you were still breathing and pull the blanket off your face, which every two minutes you would pull back over your head.

Favorite Toy(s)/Book:Anything that you should NOT be playing with, shoes, cords, newspaper. You are on the move now, so nothing is safe. HA! You do love your soccer ball rattle and crinkle book.


Anecdotes/Quirky things you do: You love your sissy, seriously she is the only one who can keep you calm. Whenever you are screaming in the backseat I will hear her talk to you and the next thing I know you are laughing!


Changing your diaper is probably the hardest task I have all day. Catching and dressing a squirrel would be easier. You roll, wriggle and crawl away every.single.time.

You are starting to be a thumb sucker! I love thumb suckers. Sure people say you can take away a paci so much easier, yet I don't see a lot of people taking those pacis way "oh so easy like." So I don't care bring on the thumb sucking. It is cute.


Temperament: Since getting off dairy 3 weeks ago I have seen a steady improvement in your mood. Maybe we just finally turned a corner and it just so happened to coincide with the no dairy thing. I am just glad we are getting our son back no matter what the cause.



Stats/Dr Appt: We had Micah tested for the dairy allergy last week. You can read about it here. Monday the results finally came in. Negative for a dairy allergy. I figured. But I am going to continue to avoid obviously signs of dairy, because maybe we have a lactose issue going on or a peanut allergy??!?!

Wt: 14#2z {Aug 8, 2011}
Ht: 24in
Head Cir:
Diapers: Swaddlers 1-2
Clothes: 3-6-9 month

Happy 7 Months Baby Bear
Link

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe he's already 7 months!

    The pic of him and Leighton is adorable. Such a good big sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is super cute!! I just love him to pieces!! You are getting so BIG but not as BIG as my little dude--we will have to give you his hand me downs:)
    I love this boy so much and think he is HOT stuff!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...