Pages

21 November 2011

Gratitude Attitude

This weekend at church our pastor spoke about gratitude. As I previously mentioned on facebook, but less than eloquently phrased it: we need to have a spirit of gratitude all the time; not just in November; all these "today I am thankful for" posts are fantastic and I love seeing what you are thankful for, but I challenge you to do it year long not just for 30 days. This is what I want to focus on. Having a spirit of gratitude through out the years. Join me won't you. My goal is to 1-2x a month write a post displaying my gratitude.

~~~~~~~~

Every time I drive by the housing addition right before ours I can't help but smile to God and thank Him for our new home He alone provided. Sometimes we think we provided ourselves with "good" things, but that is never the case. It is always God. However, there are some instances where you can see God's hand at work and this is one of those times, therefore I can't help but give Him all the glory and my gratitude.

You see in the housing addition next to ours holds a house that we were this close to putting a contract on, then everything fell apart. We were so heartbroken. We wanted to move to Mayberry so badly. We waited a few more months, putting the whole idea out of our heads and being grateful for the home we did have and making the most of it.

Later we learned that the other home we were interested in that same neighborhood was still available. We thought and prayed about it and decided at this point we would just go for it. As God would have it He slammed the door shut on that one too! We didn't understand why we felt so led to do and go through all of this if God was going to slam the door in our face. To top it off our house was under contract...now what?! I didn't want to give up our house when it wasn't completely necessary.


In the end God provided a fantastic house {read: better than the two houses we thought we wanted} for our family one neighborhood over, complete with the best neighbors anyone could ask for and for that I will forever be grateful to God for this blessing. This house is not something we ever thought we would get, but God provided above and beyond.

These kids became fast friends as did we with their parents. We spent nearly every summer/fall night outside playing. Something we never use to do!
Even trick or treated together.

Thank you God for our home we are blessed beyond measure.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...