Pages

16 November 2011

Micah 10 Months {Watch Me Grow}

Micah Bear you are 10 months old today. Woot Woot! The train has finally arrived at SweetHappyContent Baby Central, better late than never. I am just so happy I could cry now. Micah, you are turning into such a little boy it is scary.

"....one of the scariest aspects of raising boys is their tendency to risk life and limb for no good reason. It begins very early. If a toddler can climb on it, he will jump off it. He careens out of control toward tables, tubs, pools, steps, trees, and streets."--Dr. James Dobson, Bringing Up Boys


You are already so different from you sister in how you approach life I can barely keep up. No wonder I am exhausted! I absolutely love love love this phase we are about to embark on-independence and discovering the world.

Milestones: You are walking running with your walker toy.
And "talking" on your phone. This totally through me off guard, I couldn't believe you knew what to do with a phone already! HA!
You are also cutting your first tooth! And I think the second one isn't too far behind. I will say for all the fussiness I get I have awesome teethers.
Finally you are starting to clap. {this is my favorite baby trick!}


Language Skills: You are getting really vocal again. I love finding you in your crib after nap "talking" to your crib friends. We are also getting into signing. You now can sign "more."

Eating:We are in the process of weaning. You get 3-4 formula bottles per day along with breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner. I still nurse at night some, but gradually transitioning you to a bottle. This is more about mommy than you. If you would just sleep through the night this wouldn't be a problem. :)


You also LOVE food. Anything you see you want to eat. I was making dinner the other day and when I turned around to see what you were up to, I found you stuffing as many graham crackers as you could into your mouth!

Sleeping: Mommy failed you (and her) when it came to getting you on a schedule, but we are remedying that now. You nap at 845a and 1230p for about 1-2 hours respectively. Bedtime is at 6/630p with usually only one night waking after 6-7 hours. For now I am ok with this routine. You usually wake for the day between 630 and 7a.

When you go to sleep you are getting fairly addicted to your paci. I don't think you are actually sleeping with it all night, but I do find you sucking away on it in the morning if I don't come get you right away. You also love to rub the silky part of your blankie between your fingers while you take your bottle and doze off. Reminds me of your auntie Meg.

Favorite Toy(s)/Book(s): Still the potty. I really hope you still like the potty this much next summer when we start potty training! You also love electrical outlets. You have showed me several I have neglected to cover. You also love to pull cords. Occasionally I can detract you with blocks. There have been a few times I find you and sissy playing in the playroom together.


Anecdotes/Quirky things you do:
You are so different than your sister. If I told her "no" once she pretty much listened and stopped. You, not so much. You just look at me like "what are you going to do about it?!" Also, you are just a go getter, you don't stop to see you are at the top of the stairs you just keep going.
I remember back in one of my Human Development class the teacher saying how when a girl rode a bike in the mountains and came to a cliff, she would stop, assess the situation and then proceed. A boy, well, what cliff?! Yeah, I didn't it get that until now. Boys.

You also love socks. Not to wear, but to carry around and stuff in your mouth. You get way to excited to see socks discarded on the floor. It use to be burp cloths all over the house, now it is socks.

Temperament: Sweet, happy, content and perfect. You are starting to play more independently. You are actually happy to see daddy and don't always have to be strapped to me. You don't like to be told "no." When you are you have a melt down. This always makes me laugh. You get this little pouty face and put your lip out. I think it is cute.


Stats/Dr Appts: On October 21st you had your fundoplication surgery. I think this has attributed a lot to your current mood and happiness. I think for the first time in months you feel good and aren't starving or thirsty all the time any more. You are doing remarkable. It took another 3 weeks and 24 calorie formula, but you finally gained and now I think we are back on track.


Wt: 15# 8z
Ht: 26in {1%}
Head Cir:
Clothes: 3-6m
Socks: 12-2T {this boy has huge feet, this is the same size Lo wears! HA! You know what they say about big feet...big socks. :) }
Diapers: 2 swaddlers
Happy 10 Months Micah!

3 comments:

  1. I love your comment about "socks" at the end! The tech in my ultrasound said that our little guy already had big feet. I can't wait to see the differences between girl and boy! I can't believe Micah is already 10 months old! Tell them to stop growing up so darn fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed stopping by lately, just been so busy caring for my Dad. This is such a great post and what a precious little fella. Having a boy and a girl is just the BEST! I wouldn't trade it for anything, I got to experience the best of both worlds, just as you are getting to do. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute post!! I cannot wait to see him walking!! What a handsome hunk you have!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...