Pages

23 November 2011

One Month Post Op {My Miracle}

The 21st marked one month after Micah's surgery!
I am so thankful all went so well and so smoothly. If you could just see what an awesome happy little boy he is today because of it.

Micah is my miracle baby.
Getting pregnant wasn't an easy task for us. When we decided we would like to try and have another I pretty much just went straight to the doc and said look we are going to need help getting pregnant. He obliged and put me on clomid. Fertility drugs take all the joy out of getting pregnant. I will just leave it at that. However, about halfway through the our first cycle of clomid I just was over this. Too many feelings were coming back about how hard this was and how this is NOT the way I wanted to have another baby. I said forget I don't care what the calendar says.

I remember sitting in the car with Chad telling him this and saying "I would be shocked if we were pregnant and I don't want to do this anymore." I felt like if God wanted us to have another baby then He would give us one and I wasn't going to do a bunch of clomid cycles just to get one. This was a one time deal.

Fast forward a few weeks. That's right One clomid cycle. Two pink lines. Honestly looking back at the charts, I am still not sure how we ended up pregnant, nothing matched up right. Seriously. God's mighty hand for sure. Miracle baby.

Fast forward to our 20 week sono. You can read about all our fears and worries here thanks to an irregular sono not to mention all my pre-term labor and struggling to keep him IN for as long as possible. Fast forward to 35.5/36 weeks gestation. He is here. Perfect and healthy. Miracle baby.

Micah tends to frustrate me at times, he is a high need and demanding baby. Some say it is because of all he has been through physically {read: reflux, hungry, vomiting all the time}, who knows I am not buying it. But what I do buy is that God gave us this precious little boy for a reason, he and all babies are miracles really, but he will forever be my miracle baby. The little boy I never knew I always needed.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...