Pages

04 November 2011

The Thankful Game

Today I will play.
As most of you have seen everyone and their dog is doing thankful posts and statuses. I don't know exactly why but it sort of bugs me because everyone is all uber thankful in November, but come Dec 1 it's back to complaining about life. I just think that we should be thankful year round a bit more often and not try and cram it all into one month. However, my cousin brought up a valid point in response to my being "bugged" over this:

I know what you're saying, but the Lord set aside holidays in the Old Testament so that the Israelites would stop and remember. I agree we should be thankful all of the time, but I think it's also good to spend the month reflecting on the blessing God has graciously given us. Now I'll be posting my thankful status for the day! ;) (Go ahead. You can insert an eye roll here! Love you!)

So for that I will play and because I really am thankful today for Leighton. I really don't know how I would make it through the days with Micah if it weren't for her. Many have said it is a good thing Micah came second, because if he was first their would have decidedly been no more Keethler babies. :) I don't know what to do with Micah most days, he is cranky, fussy and whiny all day. The only thing that makes him happy is for me to walk around holding him, which is not always feasible, except their is one more thing that makes him happy: Leighton. That girl can entertain him far better than I. She can make him laugh and smile in mere seconds. How does she do this? When I do what she is doing he hates it. So today I am thankful for her, she is my sanity most days.
This is one of Micah's favorite pastimes, stroking the vent. Go figure.

And just so you all don't think I hate my son, I am thankful for him too he brings a joy to us in a different way; his incessant crying may drive me bananas most days, but I love having a boy and watching him learn and explore his world. He has my heart for sure and probably next year I will be writing about how thankful I am for him because he isn't bringing the drama like my over dramatic daughter can. HA!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...