Pages

12 January 2012

Changes

A new year equals time for changes. However, my new year usually comes in August, not January. Something about the start of school signals a fresh start and new beginning to me more-so than January. {And I am actually doing really well at the aforementioned goals from August!!} However, after Christmas I can't help but feel the need to purge and organize. It truly is my favorite time of the year.

Five minutes after Christmas was over my house was back to normal. Although it looked so sad...I think I need to do some more decorating. :) Or more reasons to waste time on pinterest...

We are in toy overload, which is normal for this season of our life, but still I can't stand clutter. We do have a toy room, but it was quickly filling up. We had a twin bed in there for any extra guests we have have. But wait? No one ever stays with us. Hmmm. Chad and I figured it was time Lo got an upgrade in beds. I always wanted her in a twin from the get go, but when the kids were supposedly going to be sharing a room that wasn't feasible. So Lo is on room makeover #2 in the short 6 months we have lived here and poor Micah's room still is unfinished. :/
It looks like a 13 year old lives there now and NOT a 3 year old, but I just can't do that baby stuff. I need a room that will last her until 13 or I get sick of it, which ever comes first. HA!
I do still have some tweaking to do based on this inspirational room:



I really wanted to add that silhouette mostly...I am really into those all of a sudden.

Back to the playroom. While I would love something really pretty and ultra organized I realize that is unrealistic. People who design those rooms clearly have no children who are allowed to play in there. :)

So here is the before: {for dramatic effect I left the toys out. ;) }


And now After: Again I have some tweaking to do and some fun signs to hang, but you get the idea. I moved all the toys into the closet to "hide" them, since all they ever do is dig them out and bring them into the family room...why even bother with a "play room."


Finally our master bedroom is getting a little face lift.
{Before}

It has taken me nearly a year to find the perfect comforter. I am in love. However, it was short lived as not but a few mere hours later my dumb dog Toby used it as his personal fire hydrant. Grrrr. So now it is gone being cleaned. Anyone want a dog?!
{In Progress...}

Again some tweaking like new curtains and pillows, but for now I am just over the moon to have a lovely comforter!!

Overall my "resolutions" for this year is to organize, purge {hello garage sale in the spring}, and de-clutter. I want to go through every drawer and closet. And keep up with purging of baby junk. I also want to finish Micah's room and maybe take on decorating a few more spaces around here, since I haven't done much of that since we moved in! Seems like a lot but doing a space every week or so is fairly obtainable.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...