Pages

18 January 2012

Micah's First Birthday {The Party}

We had Micah's first birthday party Sunday {the 15th} afternoon. It was a perfect day. Sunday was the day I had him and I just kept thinking about what I was doing last year at this time...you know like giving birth! HA! I just can't believe how much they change and grow in that first year. A blob to a walking babbling toddler! Wow.

{side bar: please excuse most of the pictures...I use to not notice how bad my point and shoot is, but now it is really grating on my last nerve and Chad and I are desperately trying to save to get a real camera...I am tired of big moments like this not turning out. :( }



{the theme}
Was Cookies and Milk. Fitting since MW is a milkaholic. Actually I chose this theme when he was 5 months old and have been pinning away ever since. Not that my parties ever turn out like those, but it was fun trying. I found these really cool milk bottles/crafes at Dillons for $4 and we used Snapple glass bottles for the guests. Of course, no one seemed to get it, but that's ok it looked nice.


My mom and I made his cookie birthday banner which was inspired from here.


{the invite}

which was inspired from here.

{the food}
We had cookies {chocolate chip, sugar, oreos and red velvet whoopie pie "cookies"} and milk in chocolate, strawberry and 2% varieties. Micah got to indulge in a red velvet whoopie pie cookie/cake. Both my kids didn't go crazy over their cupcakes. I was hoping for a messy, smash fest. He didn't really know what to do and preferred drinking his chocolate milk. Eventually he got the hang of it and down it all. Which he later spent the rest of the evening puking up. Not because he was sick, just because we can't escape this reflux crap even post surgery. :(
Look at miss attitude. Welcome to being 3 and emotional!



{the presents}
Micah got lots of fun things from his family. Lots of little boy toys, but this time airplanes! No cars. HA! My sister did get him this awesome road sign set from Melissa and Doug to use all those cars with. And he ended up with TWO ball poppers! Those grammies really need to start communicating better as they keep getting the birthday person the SAME gifts! HA! Of course the ball popper was a hit and we probably should keep both. Since our last one didn't last more than 2 years. But that could have a little something to do with the fact Lo stuck beans in it. If you are looking for a gift for the baby in your life this gift seriously is a hit. Lo still loves it and she is nearly 3!

The big gift was from daddy and mommy and any one who gave him money was his new big boy car seat! So far he loves it. And now that he is 18.4# we may be flipping it soon! :0

{photos}
I tried to get a photo of all the guests with the birthday boy. But he was done and cranky. So this is what you get. Lo has also been in a rotten grumpy funk and ruined most of the pics too. Sorry. It is what it is.


Then Chad played Micah's baby video he made for the family and everyone laughed and misted up a bit at how fast this year has gone! {don't worry Misa, we are mailing you a copy!}

Overall, it was a great party. I wanted it to be special for Micah and I think it was. I know he won't remember it, but I will. I want him to know how much he is loved and how we can't even imagine our lives without a little Micah bear and all his fire and ice.

I made his onesie using my new cricut I got for Christmas! Pretty proud of myself.

Happy Birthday my precious Micah Bear. I love you SOOOOO much!



PS Now I get to start on Lo's 3rd Birthday which is next month!! Holy cow it never stops. :)

4 comments:

  1. That turned out adorable! I've seen another party very similar.....maybe an idea for a 1st birthday at our house in a year! Are those your scrapbook pages for his birthday? They turned out great and you are SOO on the ball with that. I don't know how you do it! What is Lo's birthday theme going to be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM into this sort of thing! ;) So, so cute! Love the banner and invitations. I am slowly collecting the Starbucks frap bottles to clean up and use for drinks with some cute paper straws. Sophie won't care but I'll like it. :) Good to know a neighbor with a Cricut...you maybe shouldn't have blogged about that. Hope you get a camera soon! DSLRs are kinda life changing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might have teared up a bit:( So bummed that we misssed it!! He is so darling and I love him so incredibly much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to say how cool the decos were!! They looked amazing and so well put together:) Great job!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...