Pages

10 January 2012

Sentimental

This week is Micah Bear's birthday week! Can you believe it?! My Micah Bear is going to be ONE on Monday the 16th! One peeps, one! I have been waiting for this day since he was about two weeks old. I am so ready to slam the door on this chapter. Just kidding. Well sort of. It is not lost on me to cherish those little baby moments, but it isn't really a phase I particular enjoy. Tonight as I was scrapping the bottom of the last formula container we will ever buy {for ourselves}, I realized how I am ready for this new chapter. No more babies and growing up with our little complete family.

{Micah very excited about his new big boy car seat!}

So bring on the toddler years, those I love! Of course knowing Micah, I will probably spend the next 17 years on my knees praying for patience and a level head anyway. HA! God really knows how to humble someone when they think they have this parenting thing down. HA!

Back to being sentimental.

I just keep thinking about "this time last year..." This time last year (Jan 10th) we were in a snow storm and I was contracting hard core (again), but this time thinking it was for real...of course it subsided by nightfall. Then on Jan 11th Chad was home due to negative 15 wind chill! Today the high was 54*. I just find that crazy!

{toddling! He is a walking pro now!!}

I also keep looking at my baby boy toddling all over the house like he is hot stuff and thinking "this time last year" you weren't here yet!! I couldn't even imagine that you would be toddling all over the house in a years time. How did we get here?! Looking back it seems as if it were a million years ago you were two weeks old. Where is that little itty bitty bundle that slept in the swing for the first month?!

{love bug}

Oh and did I mentioned I nearly broke down in tears on my way home from work this week as I drove past our old house. The house we brought him home too?!

I can't wait to see what the next year brings. I love having a boy and a girl to raise. It may not be the easiest road, but I am still happy to be on it!

Happy Almost Birthday Micah Bear!!! We love you!

2 comments:

  1. He sure does look excited about the new car seat! :) Fun memories for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww I cannot believe he is ONE (almost) SERIOUSLY!! Time goes by so fast!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...