Pages

16 January 2012

One Year {Watch Me Grow}

Oh wow, my sweet Micah Wyatt, you are ONE today. One. As much as I wanted this day to arrive, I just can't seem to wrap my mind around it. It feels like just yesterday I was giving birth to you and holding you in my arms for the first time. I broke down watching your baby video daddy made once "our song" came on. I just love you so much. This year has been such a struggle and it has been challenging on so many levels, but not for one second have I ever doubted my love for you. Micah, you are the little boy I NEVER knew I WANTED! I love the car noises you bring to our home and the meticulous thought you give everything you explore. I look forward to watching you grow up and find your passion. But most of all I pray your passion will also be for God. I love you my little man, you will always be "mama's little boy" even if you do out grow it. :)


Milestones: You are a full time walker {Jan 3} and almost runner! Towards the end of December we would find you walking down the hall. You looked like a 'drunk frat boy' :) but you were walking nonetheless. Over the last two weeks you are all over the place and have even learned how to stand up without the aide of furniture. I am still surprised when I see you walking up to me or into a room. Makes you such a little boy.


You have moved up to your big boy car seat! Still rear facing as you aren't 20# yet...your sissy was 18m before we broke down and finally switched her and she still wasn't 20# :/...


Language Skills: You are starting to say "mama," "dada," "ba" {ball, boo or bottle, depending on the scenario}, "vroom" "hi" and "bye" both in very southern accents.

Vroom, Vroom.

Eating: You are a milkacholic. If I would let you, you would be fine with a liquid diet. I transitioned you over to milk around 11 months. You did half formula, half milk until we ran out of formula last week. You love to eat dry cheerios and baby oatmeal for breakfast, PB and Jelly or turkey and cheese for lunch and can pretty handle anything we eat for dinner. You don't seem to picky, but when you are done eating you are done eating!

If you see some food you want you do this little shout squeal to let us all know you want some!


Finally we are slowly weaning off the bottle, but first I have to wean you off needing a bottle to go to sleep with. :/ oops...oh well you win some you lose some.


Sleeping: You are sleeping through the night. Hip hip hooray! Sleep training worked and I am pretty hacked at myself for not doing it sooner! You sleep from 630p-630a then you are up for the day. You nap at 830a for 1-1.5 hours and at 1230p for ~2 hours. You can set your watch by these naps. Again thank you sleep training...who knew babies nap best at the same time each day...not this girl, obviously. :/

Milkacholic Down.

Favorite Toys and Books: All your little boy cars. How do they know to vroom vroom them on the floor? No one taught him that he just did it. Lo had cars at his age and never did that...she just played mommy. Don't tell me boys and girls are the "same" and we influence them based on gender sterotypes!

Of course you love your favorite playmate!


You also love blocks and can stack them. Boy genius. ;)

please ignore the yucky vacuum...

You are starting to play by-your-self! Can I get a Hallelujah chorus and an Amen?!
The other day I brought you downstairs and sat on the floor. You got up walked down the hall, hung out in the playroom for 5 minutes, alone, emerged with a toy, walked back down the hall and blew past me like I didn't exist! I was blown away. Some moms would be sad, not me! :) 'Bout time you take on a little independence.

We don't read to you. ;)

Your favorite game is "Trot Trot to Boston."

Anecdotes/Quirky things you do:
You have acquired several nicknames this year: Micah Bear, Stinker feet, Love bug, and Lo loves to call you Mike-Mike?! Dislike that big time.

I make this look good.

You get very excited about bath time. Sometimes I can barely make sure the water isn't too hot before you jump out of my arms! You also love to brush your two little teeth. It may or may not have to do with the vibrating toothbrush. :)

You love to go into your sister's room and still her underpants and carry them around. We call it the panty raid. HA!

You are Mr. Muscles. You try and carry around all these "heavy" objects like sissy's step stool and your high chair tray. Silly boy.

You also love your grandmas, so much. Whenever you see them you light up and squeal with delight.

Temperament: You are still up and down. A very emotional child. I suppose part of why you and I butt heads is because we may be a teeny tiny bit alike. You can be so happy and so content and then you can be a firecracker throwing the world's greatest tantrum. Some of it may be attributed to this new reflux situation...didn't we have a surgery to fix that?! Yeah, that is what I thought too. Hmmm.


Stats: His Dr. Appt is on Tues, I will update you with this riveting information then, but for now here are my guesstimations.
Weight: 18# 4z (2%)
Height: 27in (0%)
Head circ: 17.75in (16%)
Clothes: 9-12m
Diapers: size 3 swaddlers
Shoes: size 4
Teeth: still only 2, but I think we have 2-4 just about to break through!!

{A Look Back Over The Year In Pictures}


{Family of 4}
{six months}
{One Year}
HEY! Get out of here, this is MY photo shoot! MOM!!!!
Happy FIRST Birthday Micah Bear!
We love you SOOOOO Much. Our lives are forever
changed by one special little boy.

2 comments:

  1. I cannot believe Micah is ONE!! It does seem like yesterday he was just a baby! What a sleeper you have!! Yay for no more formula! I think some kids just prefer to drink. Whitney would still totally be on a liquid diet if I let her. Ellie on the other hand is my eater.

    Happy Birthday Micah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love him!!! Happy Happy Birthday to a sweet little boy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...