Pages

19 January 2012

A mommy pick me up

My friend Ginger brought this blog post to my attention via her FB. And I just had to share it here too!

Nothing means more to me in this mommy community then moms who are willing to get down and real about what motherhood is really like. Enjoy this post!

My favorite part was when she said she hopes one day when she is the grandma in line she can tell that young mom in front of her this:

"It's helluva hard, isn't it? You're a good mom, I can tell. And I like your kids, especially that one peeing in the corner. She's my favorite. Carry on, warrior. Six hours till bedtime." And hopefully, every once in a while, I'll add -- "Let me pick up that grocery bill for ya, sister. Go put those kids in the van and pull on up -- I'll have them bring your groceries out."

I hope I can do that too someday. I seem to however run into more "grandmas" that look at me like they don't even remotely remember what it was like to a have a 3 year old and 1 year old.

Hope you got the mommy pick me you needed today!

2 comments:

  1. loved that article! it made me laugh and nod my head at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this article! Thank you for sharing! That part was my favorite, too! How much would I love to hear that someday?? And to be able to say/do that for someone years from now! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...