Pages

01 January 2012

Christmas 2011 Recap

We had a fantastic Christmas as usual. Everyone was very spoiled this year. I stink at taking important pics and instead end up with a hodge podge mess of pictures (612 to be exact) that I hardly want to look at. HA! That is one of my "resolutions" if you will, to try and take more meaningful photos. Anyway on to the festivities.

{Christmas Eve}
We spent Christmas Eve day with my MIL. We had lasagna and chicken and noodles. I guess they couldn't decide which would be better. Both were very delicious.

Chad was born on December 17th and the hospital sent him home in this stocking. So we have taken to putting our babies in it on their first Christmas {or third Christmas} for fun. Lo has {for the most part} been an easy child, she compliantly got in it her first Christmas and smiled. Micah...well, compliance is not in his vocabulary. Then of course Lo had to show him how it was done, being the great big sister she is and all.

And on to the main event presents! Lo wanted two things for Christmas: A dollhouse {like Cole} and a slide. Grandma Rachel delivered on the slide for both kids, but pretty sure Lo is under the impression it is just for her. She was so happy. Not nearly as excited as we thought she would be, but after a few test runs, the excitement increased exponentially. Even "baby JuJu" loved it!

Micah pretty much adores his grandmas! This is a great break for mommy.

Curious George book for Micah and as you can see Lo thinks she should get to take possession of said book.
{Christmas Eve}
I was so mad at myself! We left my MIL to go to our Christmas Eve Church service. {which was amazing} I thought I had us all packed up and ready to go...then I saw my MIL reading to the kids and in effort to take more meaningful pictures I dug my camera out. Guess what?! I freakin' left it at her house!

I didn't even realize until after supper when we were getting ready for Santa to come. I was so mad at my own negligence and stupidity. This was Micah's FIRST freakin' Christmas Eve for crying out loud and I wanted to document. Grrr. So we dug out our camcorder which can take still photos. As you can see they are of uber quality! ::sigh:: at least I have something. Anyway, Chad got in the car and drove back to her house to get it for Christmas morning! Thanks honey!!

1. Micah: What Santa is coming tonight?!
2. Micah: You have got to be kidding me...I am not sure I have had time to clean up my attitude to get anything...mom I need to plead my case, get me a crayon stat!... :/ Lo: YEAH! PRESENTS!
We told Micah not to worry because Santa always honors first Christmases, but next year he is on his own! HA!

{Christmas Morning}
Well Santa delivered! A dollhouse for Lo and a Chuck and Friends dump truck for Micah. However, he liked the shoe box best!

Last year Lo was so cute and sweet about her Santa gift, but this year she was just plain weird about all her gifts. Not really uber excited like we had hoped. I guess it took her time to soak it in and then get excited.
Chad and I exchanged gifts too, but we aren't as cute in the morning. This year we exchanged date plans. We each planed 4-6 dates to go on through out the year that are to be fun and different! Can't wait to start "cashing in!"

{Christmas Day}
After our little family Christmas my family all came over for a traditional ham Christmas dinner. As you can see I slaved away. This is my first year to host. My mom really did all the food, I just offered the kitchen and house. It was really fun and can't wait to do it again next year!
Then on to gifts for the kids {this included Meg!} My sister and I created a scavenger hunt for her to find her Wii game: Black Eyed Pea Experience. She was really surprised and it was a fun way to do her gift. Even the little girls loved dancing to it.
Micah raking in the boy cars! This kid seriously now owns every truck and car on the market, and did I mention his birthday is in 15 days?! Whoa!
Another fun gift my sister and I did was for my dad. He gets us scratch tickets as a stocking stuffer for as long as I can remember, so we found it only fitting to make him a scratch ticket to reveal his gift. {thank you pinterest} He thought we were so clever!
We all made out like bandits. But the pics are dumb and worthless so I shall spare you the rest. :)

Auntie Meg got the girls snow since it was 50*+ on Christmas Day...no white Christmas for us. :(
Let's say the girls had fun, and I think you all may know how I feel about sensory tubs...{boo!}
"Happy Christmas to all and to all a Goodnight!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...