Pages

09 April 2010

Welcome to the land of*...

*the sick. (note: I am barely banging on 1 cylinder, so please excuse me if I ramble, don't make sense or spell all the words right.)
My family, extended included, has been plagued by the Great Stomach "Flu" of 2010. Chad and I haven't been sick in years, Lo in 13.5 months has never been sick, so this struck us hard. I shall spare you the details, but all 3 of us were all sick simultaneously Sun-Mon. As some of you know it is hard to care for a sick baby, but it is even harder when you can barely get up off the floor. If it weren't for my MIL (mother in law) coming over a few times to bring us some essentials we may have never made it!

The "sickies" the "flu" made Lo super super cuddly!!!!!!!!!
However, it is now Friday and we are doing better (not 100%) but better. So I will eventually get around to the obligatory Easter post, because I am sure you are all just dying to see Lo in her Easter dress :). HA!

*Make Believe...
On another happier note I finished Lo's "playroom." It is more of an area residing in our office space. It is so nice to get the majority of the toys out of the family room. Thus far she seems to like it, but it is taking some time to get use to.
It cost me a grand total of $16.98 for the vinyl wall lettering "Welcome to the Land of Make Believe." I love this saying because I spent 98% of my childhood here, ok who am I kidding I still have a permanent residence there, and I hope Lo is as imaginative as I was am.
Anyway, I got my quote from the "Vinyl Lettering" shop on etsy, I used them once before if you remember from THIS post. They are amazing and totally recommend using them for any of your vinyl wall lettering needs. Check them out HERE. They are super affordable and will custom any order your imagination takes you. And I "shopped" my house for the rest of the stuff.

Here are the before and afters!
BEFORE: I am a little ashamed of this, but clearly my "office" area became a catch-all place that I hardly ever did anything with...
AFTER: I imagined it looking more magazinesque (yes, I just made that word up), but I didn't want to spend a lot of money and really the goal was a place to corral the toys and play which was accomplished.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...