Pages

08 October 2015

Hello Fall.

I hope it is safe to say Fall is here.
There is a few warm days in the forecast over the next few days, but overall cooler weather seems to be here.
Which means it is time to bust out the fall decorations.
I don't have a lot of decorations and I don't go too crazy-- although my living room does look like Fall just threw up in there, it is the only room I decorated. My kids call it the spooky room. I don't see it...
So without further ado my Fall decor. My kids helped me decorate while the dishwasher was being installed. They added their own touches, which I can't help but leave.

I love that little scarecrow lamp/night light. He is just so cute. The spray arrangement {if you can even call it that} behind the frame came from a centerpiece at a wedding I believe--who's I don't know??!

 My living room is still a work in progress since this summer when I got a wild hair and decided to get rid of everything {decor wise} in my living room and start over. Well, may not everything but pretty close. I am still working on the pillow situation, but for now I am loving those orange tone pillows from Target and my placemat pillow {in the dark teal}. My goal is to put the word HELLO on it in gold, but just haven't taken the time too. 


A little closer look at the faux mantle. I made those tiny little jar arrangements many moons ago from stuff from Micheals. I scored the Harvest sign from Goodwill 5 years ago and the little broom came from my mom's box of decor that I raided. 

 I have a problem when it comes to picture frames. I love them. If they are on sale and under $3 they will come home with me. However, I seldom find photos to go into them in a reasonable time period. Such as this one that has sat empty for 5 months. Lo helped me out by making a pumpkin to put in it. Thank you girlfriend you just bought me 2 more months!
 I am a fall baby...as in my birthday is coming up...soon. So I get these type of decor things a lot as gifts. My sister Meg, made me a snowman pumpkin {combing my two loves!} Hers was made from real pumpkins, and well those don't keep...so one year we went to Micheals and got craft pumpkins and re-created it! He is my favorite.  The witches hat is from Target's dollar section 2/3 years ago?!? And the broom again from my mom's old stash. Thanks mom!

I had grand plans to each year get a new Halloween frame for the kids, but I stopped after 2 years. HA! Mom fail. The weird white thing in the middle of the garland is Lo's ghost. He is the Head ghost and takes care of the little TP roll ghost sitting next to Pum-laf {Get it Pumpkin +Olaf}.
 This is just a little nook in my kitchen that flows from the Living room. Kid made candy corn banner and a little boo sign again from the dollar section at Target.
 Piano.

 This I got last year from my grandma. It is actually for Lo when she is grown, but for now I display it. It is so precious and a sweet gift from  my grandma to her. Pretty sure it is from Hobby Lobby. The meca of holiday decorating. Have you been in there lately...Christmas is in full swing! I mean seriously slow down HL! HA.

Well that wraps up my fall tour.
Happy Fall. The best time of the year, until Christmas. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...