Pages

06 October 2015

When it rains it pours.

When it rains it pours.
Yet, God remains faithful.

This past week has been a trying on in the Keethler home as it feels like we are hemorrhaging money.
I needed a new dishwasher. The other mostly worked, but our dishes were not getting clean and the tines on the racks were rusted out and broken. So naturally after 4 years we finally bit the bullet and picked out a new one.
She is pretty.



However, after a long ordeal just to get her installed last Saturday our good friend BW and Chad got her up and running. We leave for church {yes on Saturday} at 1ish to get my kids to my parents so Chad and I could serve all  5 services. I sing, he does tech. We didn't get home until 830p-ish that evening and as soon as I walked in I commented how hot it was in our house.

If momma is hot, it is hot. I looked at our thermostat it is reading 81*, well no wonder--I started to walk away and then I realized wait! That isn't right, it should have NEVER gone about 78*. Period. I mean it is the end of September, not July when it is 100*+ and leaving a door open for 2 seconds would cause that sort of jump.

Yup. The AC was broken.

I do what I do best google search and watch youtube videos on what could be wrong and Chad does what he does best and watches Top Gear and says he will call the repair people on Monday.

Thankfully, it is September/October and temps aren't too bad. Matter of fact the last few days this week have been downright perfect. I even woke up freezing. HA! So we had some wiggle room. PRAISE.

One company came out and thought it was a bad fuse. Nope.
The next said we need a whole new unit. That is stressful because AC units aren't cheap. But God worked in some details that are making it less expensive. Still expensive, but slightly less. PRAISE.

We still don't have AC yet, but at this point I don't care. We may not turn it on once we do if the weather keeps up like this. Hello Fall!!

Oh, and did I mention in all of this mess Tucker our first fur baby had to have eyelid surgery for some janky growth on his eyelid. I have been putting that off for 2 months to see if it would get bigger {like the assured me it would}. It did and it was time to get that taken care of.

Poor baby--Post op {bandage was from the IV}

So good times, but again that bill ended up being nearly a $100 less than we were told and well I am going to Praise God for that too.

In full disclosure I have had several meltdown moments over all of this hitting at once. However, one evening my son told me his Bible verse he learned this past month in church. Phil 4:19. "MY GOD will meet ALL YOUR NEEDS." In his cute little boy voice. It just struck me that we have never gone without. God has always provided. And in the most unexpected ways, which He likes to do to make sure you know it was Him.

So while it is hard right now, these present sufferings are nothing in the grand scheme of life. {Rom 8:18} God has always been faithful and that is all we can rest in right now.

I do pray we are on to sunnier times, but if we aren't we will just dance in the rain.


{Via}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...