Pages

19 August 2010

FAQ about Baby Q

I know how nosey I am, so I thought I would answer some FAQs for those with inquiring minds about Baby Q.

But I want to first start out by saying, that this pregnancy has been very emotional for me because of my fertility issues and having such a sensitive heart to those around me struggling with infertility as well. Part of the reason I kept quiet so long was because I was terrified to go public and possibly {and probably did} cause hurt, heartache and pain to those so desperately wanting a baby. However, I am slowly starting to realize through much prayer, meditation and looong talks with Chad, that this is "the story of US" as written by God. These are the plans he has for us and our family and future. God is still writing their stories, I don't know how they will end, but I do know when God is the author of your story it can only end beautifully.



1. When did you find out and were you "trying"?
As most of you are aware at this point I (we) struggle with infertility. It took 15 months to get pregnant with Lo. Chad and I made up our minds after her that we would not prevent another pregnancy. However, after she turn 1 we were really hoping if we could get pregnant again it would be soon. {Like saying that was going to make it happen. HA!} Anyway I chose to get on clomid sooner rather than later and God willing the first round worked...this was very surprising and 110% completely unexpected to me.

I only took a HPT so I could get more clomid, NOT because I thought I was pregnant. On June 11 I saw the big plus sign and freaked.


2. How did you tell Chad?
Well, I wanted to be creative, but I just couldn't believe what I was seeing, so I just handed him the tests...he was a bit confused at first, but figured it out! HA!


3. Are you going to find out the sex?
Yes, I completely respect and admire those of you who wait all 40 weeks, but this girl is a 150% type-A planner! We should be finding out some time in early October.

4. Do you want a boy or girl?
I have "good" arguments for either. It would be nice to have one of each {because this is IT}, but then I really want Lo to have a little sister. I have all sisters and it is great {most of the time ;) HA!} Plus, I already have everything little girl and with them being born at exactly the same time it would save some money, at least at first. HA!

5. When is the due date?
Due to the clomid and my wacky cycles my due ranges from Feb 13-18, nice huh?! The 8 week sono couldn't give me a solid date either, so my doc chose the 13th...I love him. The earlier the better. :) Lo's birthday is Feb 15th, so we feel pretty awesome. HA!

6. How are you feeling?
I feel pretty good. Mostly tired. I had/have good days and bad days, but thankfully I don't have time to think about being pregnant while chasing after a toddler. Most of the time I "forget."


7. How and when did you tell your family and friends?
I wanted to keep it a secret for a bit. Mostly because I was freaked out it was twins {clomid increases your chances by 10%} and I just wanted to hear a heartbeat and see the baby. We told our families at the end of July using Lo's BIG SISTER shirt. All their reactions were priceless.
We slowly told friends once we had the 12 week sono. And FINALLY were able to get close friends told personally and go public this week!


8. Do you have any names picked out?
Yes and no. But this time {sorry grandmas and Misa} the names will be top secret until the birth. I want to do things differently this time, mostly just for fun.

9. Why "Baby Q?"
Since we aren't telling names, the baby needed a good nickname and this is what Chad came up with and it stuck. So this baby will be affectionately referred to as Baby Q, until his/her birth.

10.Have you had an ultrasound yet?
Yes, as I mentioned early we had a early sono at 7/8weeks to A) get a head count: SINGLETON PTL!!!!! B) Attempt to get an accurate due date: Fail. I am going to go to my mom's soon and get the sono scanned so I can upload it sometime. Overall the baby looks good and the heart has been beating away at 167bpm!


If you have any other burning questions I didn't cover just leave them in the comments and I would be happy to answer them.

3 comments:

  1. Is this definitely a K-state child, or are you open to, say......KU?

    If a boy, will you still do gymnastics?

    Just wondering thoughts
    Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh,I'm so happy for you. My son and his wife struggled with infertility issues for over 5 years and then last year they adopted the most precious little girl (at birth) and she looks just like our son. God is soooooooo good and we know that He ordained this entire process from the very beginning. Blessings to you for a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...