Pages

17 August 2010

Leighton Olivia 1.5

To my beautiful little girl. You are growing up so fast. I can't believe you are a year and half today {Aug. 15}. You have changed so much since those early days after we brought you home and even since we celebrated your first birthday. As I sit here, I can't help but be so thankful to God for giving us 18 wonderful months with you and we pray there are many more months and years to come. I know each day with you is a precious gift from God and I want you to know I don't take it lightly.


You bring us such joy and laughter, whether I am holding and snuggling you at bedtime and stroking your long beautiful locks or watching you eat your cheerios with a spoon and slurping up the milk from the bowl when you are finished. You are make us laugh with all your dance moves and cause a few headaches with your desire to assert your independence. But we wouldn't trade you for the world because you are our beautiful little girl that God chose for us!


We love you so much sweet girl and I am anxiously awaiting what the next six months will bring in our story.

Here is a run-down of all the things you are up to this month:


Milestones:
*Is it too early to call her a "south-paw" (ie Lefty)?! You really favor that hand and have for several months now.
* You are announcing to everyone you are going to be a BIG SISTER. (via her shirt ppl, she doesn't talk yet. :) )
Her facial expressions are priceless.

*Working on potty training, all I can say at this time is it is going. She "gets it," but she is also being stubborn about it...that is how she rolls.

*You go down the stairs forward now. Self-taught. You think you are SO big now, you should go down the stairs like big people.
*You can basically take your clothes off and almost get them on all by yourself. Not that you by any means have any desire to dress yourself.
*Not sure this qualifies as a "milestone," but you are getting a tiny birthmark on your thigh. Who knew you could get them months after birth?!
*You take actually walks with us and will walk a couple of blocks, before you get so worn out you must ride in your stroller. Wish I got pushed around in a stroller. HA!
*You know which dog is which. This is a great feat considering most adults can't figure it out. HA!
*You are doing really well at putting the puzzle pieces on your puzzle. You just work and work on it.

Language Skills:
*Things you are now saying-Book, Boys {in reference to the dogs}, Mail, Nose, Eyes, Mouth, Movie {thanks to the dvd player in our car...that is all she wants to do no matter how far we go} and Bowl. Very random words that put me in awe of the toddler brain.
*Nose is currently my favorite.
*You have sort of have a mini language explosion, we may be teetering on a big one!! Let's hope!

You are going to be such a good Big Sister. She is already a better mommy than me, she got her baby to be swaddled. :)

Eating:
*You are using a spoon and fork like a pro. I am impressed with the "little" mess you make doing it.
*However, you do like to play and explore your food. You seem a little behind on this activity, but I chalk up to your neat freakness.
*You love to drink your cereal milk from the bowl, which just makes me laugh and then you insisted on "more" milk in the bowl, so you can do it over and over and over again.


*You have decided you no longer enjoy lunch meat and would prefer a PB and J for lunch. You will eat PB on anything. (You prefer creamy to crunchy.)
*Your favorite snack is graham crackers, seriously buy stock in this people...we go through that many boxes! HA!

Sleeping:
*We are officially down to one nap. I thought I would hate it, but I actually love it! I don't feel trapped in my own home, I feel like I can actually schedule things and go places without worrying about you missing a morning nap and wondering what kind of pistol you will because of it. It.is.awesome! You nap anywhere from 2.5-3 hours. You go down after lunch (~1230p), but everyday just like clockwork you wake and cry at ~145p for about 10 minutes and then you fall fast asleep until 230/3oop. I so wish I had a video monitor...oh why did I think those were "stupid?"
*Bedtime has reverted back to being a nightmare. You are perfectly happy to go to bed, until you actually "go to bed." As soon as we lay you down the SCREAMING commences for at least 20-30 minutes. I.hate.this. I "hate" the cry-it-out method, but for you it is the only thing we can do, if we go to you it basically re-sets the "clock" and we eventually have to listen to you scream for the whole 30 minutes. I am longing for those "easy" nights again, when you just went to bed and rolled over and fell asleep!!!

Favorite toy(s)/book(s):
*You still love all books. Mommy doesn't. Each morning as soon as you are out of your crib it is the first thing you reach for, a book.



*You love your baby dolls.


THE next Nastia Luikin. For those of you who no nothing of gymnastic she and Carly Patterson are/were the "it" girls at the 2008 Olympics. I was a gymnast and I plan on making her one {and I don't care what the books say about living vicariously through your kids...this is why you have them.:) Saturday night Nationals were on and she stayed up and watched and clapped with me and then proceeded to start her somersaults and kicking her leg in the air like the gymnast's she was watching. Never had I been more proud!!

Anecdotes/Quirky things you do:
*You shake your head "no" at us when you don't want something, which is helpful, and better than hearing "NOOOOOOOOOOO!" Currently I find it darling. Ask me in a few months if I still do.
*When ever you hear something or are listening for something you tug on your ear.
*You pick up all your bath toys at the end of your bath to signal you are "all done." Seriously, I don't comprehend your neat freak OCD trait, Grandma Jo will lives on! HA!
*Due to potty training we have taught you to plug your nose when you are "stinky." Each and every morning when I go into get you, you stand up and plug your nose and point to the changing table. You are so funny.
*You absolutely heart airplanes. Guess it is a side effect of living near an airbase. :) When ever you hear them you stop and search the sky for them. Thankfully most of the KC-31s (I think that is what they are called) like to fly very low for their touch and go's.

The other day daddy put in Top Gun for you guys to watch and you found it very exciting watching all those fighter planes. Daddy said your call sign could be Goose. :) HA!
You have just made your daddy (who may never have a boy) very happy. We can't wait to take you to the air show this fall.

Look at that HAIR! I am in love and jealous. And I can confidently say we have avoided the dreaded mullet stage! I don't know how, but we did!
*For snack each day you get cheerios, you usually spill most of the all over creation...sometimes on purpose. One day you dumped them on the couch and yelled "boys," so they would come "clean" them up...you thought you were so "funny."

Temperament:
*You are getting to be very shy and clingy again. It is like we have re-verted back to when you were 8-9-10 months old. Evidently this is normal...why didn't anyone tell me this?!!? Oh well, we will get through it.
*You are still sweet as pie. I love when you reach up to hold my hand. My heart just swells every time.
*You are what we like to call "quietly stubborn," I don't know where you got that from ::cough.Chad.:: Things have to be done on your time table. When you decide you are "ready" or want to do something you will, but not one moment before. God give me strength and patience. Amen.
*You are very "funny," you work so hard to make us laugh, which isn't too hard most of the time.


STATS:
*Diapers: size 2 swaddlers (yes, still she is tiny)
*Clothes: 6-9-12 months, just depends on the brand.
*Shoes: size 3 are getting snug and size 4 are a bit too big...wish they made size 3.5!
*Height: 29" (1%)
*Weight: 19#7oz (1%)
*Head: 17" (0%)


As always if you made it through all this congrats! And thanks for tuning in to another edition of "Watch me Grow." Just think in a few months you will get TWO to read! HA! Actually after she turns two I hope to just do 6 month updates. Fingers crossed. :)

Happy 18 Months Sweet Girl!!!



1 comment:

  1. I think she is super cute!! Her pictures look SO MUCH like you!! LOVE the hair picture, cannot believe it is that long! She is a real beauty, just precious!! She is doing so many great things and it is fun to see all that she is able to do. Pure genius!! She must get that from you!!

    Well keep doing the monthly watch me grow for my sake! I NEED them, I miss her so much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...