Pages

23 August 2010

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
click on the icon to see what other Miscellany Monday's are out there.

1. I am a HUGE fan of the TV show FRIENDS. When I am pregnant my already very short fuse gets even shorter. So I really relate to Rachel when she was pregnant in season 8 and this has got to be one of my favorite clips from that season, because that is exactly how I feel right now. My husband is so lucky. HA! However to be fair he knew this would be me long before the "I do's" were said!

Click HERE to watch the clip, sadly there is no embed code. :(

2. Right before my sister Meg left for college, she came over to babysit Lo one more time and then spend the night. I guess it really tired her out running after a toddler for a few hours because the next day she passed out on the couch. I just had to snap this picture. There have been plenty of times I have referenced Lo's sleeping positions to that of someone else. This is it. Uncanny isn't it?!

Hahahaha, I will probably be laughing about this ALL day! If no one else enjoys it at least I know my family will! I love you Meg, and you KNEW this was coming!

3. A few long weeks ago I was in Wal Mart. ::insert shiver down my spine:: Honestly, I think I would rather have bamboo shoots shoved under my finger nails than go to Wal Mart, {praise be to God we got a Target 2 years ago!!} but at times it is unavoidable. However, the trip proved useful when we noticed that our sling had been re-called {not surprising really}.
Pictured below.

Anyway if you contacted Infantino you could pick a new product. I got this! I always wanted one, but couldn't find one that didn't cost an arm and a leg that would support my back. Here is Lo and daddy rockin' the infant carrier.
The carrier supports up to 35# which Lo is no where even near, so I guess she can break it in for her new "sister*. " :)

So IF you have that old sling, contact Infantino via their website and get a new product...there are several things to choose from.

4. Our house came with this beautiful deck. Not sure why the original owners/creators of the deck didn't protect it. So we bit the bullet and had it re-finished, sealed and protected, so we can enjoy it for years to come. It is such a nice place to get out and play with Lo and we are so glad we have it!

Before:
Chad will probably be mortified at the state of the yard in these pictures. He takes pride in having a very nice yard, and usually it is, but after 3 weeks of drought and extreme heat, nothing could be saved, unless we took out a small loan to water 5x a day...not worth it!
After:

*note: I am going on record that I believe this new baby is a girl {as does most of my family, including Chad}. Every fiber of my being says girl, just like when I was pregnant with Lo. While I will be over the moon happy to have a boy, I will be completely surprised if it is in fact a boy. However, I do know God likes to surprise me, so I guess we will know in 5-6 weeks!


Well, that is all I have for now. Nothing too exhilarating this week. All though my brain is swimming with a million things I shall spare you all of that.

4 comments:

  1. I REALLY dislike u right now!!!!!! grrr that look horrible!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE Friends!! I clocked on that link and laughed all over again :) Congratulations on the pregnancy and you have a beautiful family! Stopping by from MM :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for putting that up about the sling! I will be contacting them! And you chose a great replacement! They really do support your back so well! And congrats on the new baby! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute pictures and can't wait to hear if it really is a girl. I had a "feeling" with both of mine and was right both times. Of course, that was in the "dark ages" and they had no way of doing anything other than predicting. :o) Blessings for a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...