Pages

31 August 2010

16 weeks {aka Watch Mommy Grow}

Well here I am at 16 weeks pregnant. Still can not believe I am pregnant, still seems weird to me and this is my second.

Leighton's expression in this picture cracks me up. She gets upset if she doesn't get to be in the picture too! HA!

Just for the record I will probably only do the "bump watch" every 4 weeks.
1.) Because I live in a "I must be fair and equal to my children" mentality. While I realize this can not and will not always be true, there is a lot that I can keep "fair and equitable." I only privately journaled and took bump shots of Lo's pregnancy monthly {pre-blog}.
2.) Because let's face it this is pregnancy #2, I have already "been there done that," I would have nothing to say every week. I just don't notice all the "new" and little things happening like you do with your first. Plus, chasing a toddler all day leaves me paying little to no attention to the fact that I am pregnant and may or may not be experiencing something. HA!

So onto my monthly questionnaire. :)

How far along: 16 weeks

I feel so "big" for being 16 weeks pregnant {I was still barely showing w/Lo}, but I am carrying this baby so high, all my pics make me look even bigger than I am.

Total Wt Gain/Loss:+2 (total)

Maternity Clothes: None yet, but I have worn a few maternity dresses just for kicks.

Best Moment thus far: Feeling more movement. This time I started feeling movement at 12 weeks I am just sure of it! It wasn't a lot or often, but I know the early feeling and what I felt. I am also finally starting to attach to baby Q, I have for some reason struggled with that this time. I think I fear that if I love Baby Q, I don't love Lo...stupid I know, but I really have no other explanation for it. Also, I think that my whole world is not centered around being pregnant like with Lo, so I just never took the time to make the bond.

Gender: currently unknown.
My best guess is girl.
However, I am just so beyond thankful I don't make this huge choice and God does! Part of me really wants a boy, but then I will see two sisters together and my heart goes into a puddle...I want that for Lo...

Movement: Yes, it is often at night when I am laying still and quiet I can feel those awesome little flutters. I cherish the flutters...it's the beating me up from the inside I don't care for. :)

Milestones: The baby is starting to be able to hear us in there.

Food Cravings: Lord, everything. I have ADHD food cravings. Seriously, I will see a commercial, hear someone mention a food, or just plain be grocery shopping and BAM! I have to have it! Thankfully, most the time I do not act on it, but it is a riot. I never had cravings with Lo, so this is new to me.

What I miss: Not feeling fat every day. Ugghh. I am in that is she fat or pregnant stage. I have a shirt from my MIL that says "I am not fat I am pregnant" I want to wear it every day in public. So for now I am just thankful for my loose shirts that hid my "pudge."
I also miss being able to take real drugs for my ailments (ie allergies and headaches).

Sleep: Thanks to my delightful allergies sleep is no good anyway, couple that with getting up to tinkle 3x/night and I feel like a walking zombie every day. But at least for now I can still sleep on my tummy!!

What I am looking forward to: Getting the gender sono! We probably won't get it until I am 23 weeks though, because that is the soonest Chad has a day off. :(

Belly Button: In.

What I learned at my pre-natal visit: That doctors like to scare you by not finding the heartbeat in a reasonable amount of time! I hold my breathe every time waiting for that sound, even if I am 36 weeks pregnant, I still get nervous. Baby Q's heart rate 152. And my blood pressure is really low. Thankfully, I haven't passed out yet.

Symptoms: Still nauseous some days. Fatigue. Headaches. Extreme back pain. I was really looking forward to the 2nd trimester reprieve, but it has yet to show up. :( And Wild and crazy dreams. I really should write/post some of them because wow, I have no idea why these things pop into my dreams.

Interesting things that happened/anecdotes: My favorite thing right now is asking Lo "where is your baby sister?" and she will come lift up my shirt and kiss my tummy. It is melt your heart precious. She is going to rock as a big sister! I love her.


3 comments:

  1. You look amazing! love reading about your baby #2 :) Only 2 lbs so far...that is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always enjoy stopping by and thank you for stopping by today too. You just look adorable! My precious Vietnamese nail tech is due on Feb. 11th and she is just so darling. This is their surprise package. They have an 11 and 14 year old and "thought" they were finished. They claim me as their American Mom and I love them dearly. Now, I know you really wanted to know all that. Anyhoo, I look forward to your finding out what you are having. Either way, it will be wonderful! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well put! i just need to send a link to your blog and say "what she said!" waking up to pee is the worst, especially when your little one sleeps all night and you know you could be sleeping too! I'm ready for the big belly, I can tell when I'm out in public that people are looking at me like, belly fat or pregnant?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...