Pages

02 August 2010

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

1. I am SO ready for fall. Fall colors, fall temperatures, fall activities! I am also super anxious for our State Fair. Something about viewing it through the eyes of my daughter makes it so much more appealing. Bring on fall!


2. I have been tired of my old blog look, so I opted for something new...not sure I like it yet though?! But I do want to give credit where credit is due. The pics of Chad and I, and of our family were taken by a colleague of Chad's breakin' into the photography business. His studio is called Raw Emotion and you can check him out HERE and of course that precious picture of Leighton was taken by my good friend Ginger, which I think you all know by now! HA! But I just don't want to take credit for something that isn't mine. :)

3. People, I am no good at this gardening thing. Now granted my garden has already superseded my expectations. (ie it is still "alive") but it just isn't "producing" very much and I am bummed. My zucchini plants had to be ripped out last month, because they made me mad. Every time a little zuc would appear two days later it would be completely rotten and it refused to get bigger than my pinky. Grrr. So it had to go. Now my pepper plants are producing one single pepper. My tomato plants have grown several tomatoes but they won't ripen!! I think they don't have good sunlight. Next year I will move my garden to a better locale and see if that helps. But it doesn't ease my disappointment. I am practically salivating over home grown tomatoes! Such is life.

This is my "harvest" ::insert sad face:: I have one more mater ripen and it looks like that may be "it."

4. God has been super good to us as of late. Or should I say especially good to us, since He always is good?! Anyway, a week ago we were having some car problems. They kind we thought the previous $500 bill took care of! It was frustrating. Thankful Honda took good care of us! They completely fixed the problem for FREE, AND we got to have a "free" Honda Odyssey mini van for a week. I just love when God is in the details! Plus, I wouldn't have completely minded if we got to keep the Odyssey. Never in my life did I think I would want a swagger wagon! :) HA! HA! HA! But it is good to have my Pilot home!

5. Now I have been super grateful that Chad has been home all summer. I like the company and help, but I am ready for him to go back. Don't get me wrong I will miss him, but I. want. my. routine. back! Having him home throws everything off. I don't know why it just does. I am ready to get back into the swing of things.

This was Chad's back to school pic last year!

6. I have a secret I am dying to share with someone, but I can't...yet! So until then, you will all have to live in suspense. But I would love to hear your guesses if you are up for that fun little game. :) I promise that it shouldn't be too much longer before I can share it.

Thanks for stopping by my weekly randomness! See ya next week!


9 comments:

  1. Oh, maybe you are pregnant! Just a guess. :o) So enjoyed stopping by today and reading your Mis. Monday and I do like your blog design. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures, especially at the header of your page. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your miscellanies! sorry about your tomatoes...if you are ever in my area I will gladly share our abundance with you. ummmm my guess is that either you are pregnant with #2 OR your sis is moving back?!? can't wait to hear the news! I really am in suspense now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. again I am rolling about you and the things yo say!! Your mater--ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love fall too! That's my favorite season! Thanks for your randomness!
    ~blessings
    Dorcas
    http://4sweetangels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from the Monday Miscellany.

    I love Fall too! It's my favorite season!

    Very cute blog design!

    I love when God blesses in the way of finances. He is so good.

    Nice to read your blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found your blog through a friend. Tomatoes will ripen on your windowsill - if they're totally green, it'll take a couple of weeks, but good tomatoes are worth the wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm excited for fall too. I love that it's warm but not too hot, cool yet not too cold and just breezy. I think fall smells great too. Call me weird, but fall just has a smell to it! :)

    I participated in Miscellany Monday too if you want to come visit us. :)

    http://theartsymom.tk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...