Pages

09 August 2010

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
click the icon to link up with other miscellany Mondayers.

1. You MUST go and check out this song "Sad Soundtrack". I have known this young woman since about 5 minutes after she was born. She has been singing since she figured out how to talk. I am so beyond amazed at her talent. I also hear she is about to record 3 more of her songs! All I have to say is look out Taylor {Swift, that is}. I just hope she remembers me when she makes it big...I am only looking for good concert tickets and backstage passes AND the chance to meet Reba, nothing we couldn't work out. :) So please check it out social networking is so important. If you like it let her know.
courtesy of her myspace page.

2. We watched Captain Ron this weekend. I just love that movie. I probably watched it 100x as a kid and since the hubs hadn't ever seen it (you wouldn't believe all the "old" movies he has missed out on) I made him watch it...and he liked it. Basically, I just think it would be so amazing to get on a boat and just sail. My heart belongs to the ocean.


3. School is starting soon! Weird to think in just 3ish short years I will be sending Lo with Chad to school! I think I might tear up right now thinking about it. It will be here before I know it.

4. I am wanting to switch up our breakfast rut. We eat Cheerios every.single.day. While they are delightful they are expensive. Thankfully, over the last year I have been able to snag them for $1-$2/box {thanks to good store deals paired with coupons} and having no shame in purchasing 10-15 boxes at a time, like Saturday when I only went in for milk...sigh. BUT I need some good freezer and quick meals for us in the morning I am far too hungry to wait around on pancakes and eggs...so I am going to venture out and make some oatmeal packets, egg breakfast sandwiches, and granola bars, and maybe some smoothie kits...we shall see. I really need to get our grocery budget down again.

5. And last but certainly not least, my littlest sister is going off to KU next Sunday. tear. She is all "grown up" now. I think my parents are going to need to be admitted somewhere after next week. She is their last and they are now officially "empty nesters." That or they may be hanging out with me more, since I am all they have left close! HA!


Well that wraps up a particularly boring miscellany Monday, but hey these are the random things that keep me up at night! :)


1 comment:

  1. Happy Misc. Monday! I think I have never seen Cat. Ron, will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...