Pages

15 October 2010

20 Months

Leighton, you are 20 months! We are 4 very short months away from you being two and a Big Sister. Whoa! I love watching the big girl you are turning into. You are such a big helper to mommy and I know when the baby gets here I will have plenty of help from you.

I know you are doing and learning lots every day, but I just can't keep up. So here are a few of my favorite things you are doing:

*You say "brother" and the baby's {possible} name. It is so cute.


*You pick up your toys or whatever mess is around when I ask you to and put them up right where they go. You even beat daddy on putting things up "right." HA!

We got our exersaucer back from a friend and it is like a brand new toy.
You play with it more now then you did when you actually needed it.
our exersaucer doubles as a walker, so that is why it may not look quite right.

*You want to be just like mommy. You are my little shadow and do everything I do. I find it so weird to look at your little face sometimes and see my own, it sort of takes me back every time.


*When you wake up, you need some time to really wake up I guess because if we come in too soon you say "nooooo" and lay back down and play with your dolls.


*You are singing songs more.

Need I say more?

*All off the sudden you are afraid of thunder. You run to mommy to hold you tight when you hear it.

I gave you my old empty make-up containers and you love to put on your make-up with mommy in the morning. So stinkin' cute.

*You started gymnastics this month and love it. You especially love the stamp they give you at the end. :)

Ready for our FIRST day of Gymnastics! Sadly, I can't get other pictures of you b/c I am too busy chasing you around!

Playing with homemade playdough. This is probably your favorite "toy" right now.
Nothing like having playdough in my carpet. :)
*You also go to the Y kid zone 3x/week and play with your besties Gracie and Ju Ju and you are a Moppet, while mommy goes to MOPs every other Tues. It has taken you some time to get use to the new "day care" environments, but you are adapting well!

*You have recently learned how to give Eskimo Kisses.

*You have discovered the beauty of grandparents! You have quickly discovered they let you get away with murder and mommy and daddy are "mean." HA! You love love love when they come to babysit. Usually the next morning you go around looking for them, because again mommy and daddy are zero fun!
I fully expected to see this on Grandma Rachel's fridge TONIGHT! ;)

*You are a climber now, meaning you like to climb OUT of things, especially shopping carts when my back is turned! Yikes.

This is her "My Daddy Rocks" t-shirt she got before she was even born. I think she looked so cute.
* You love bath time and love to practice swimming while in there.


*And finally you are potty training "pro." You still have some accidents some days, but most of the time you are spot on.

*One thing I am not loving is your constant need to scream "no" and point your little finger at me when you want to assert your little independence. (Secretly, I find it a little amusing, but I never show you that! ;) ).

I know you all think I am such an awesome mom...here she is watching "Super Why."
I told you awesome. :)

*I love your heart and your vibrant personality. I am so glad you are my little girl.

Happy 20 Months Lo Lo Girl!
We both have our boots on! :)

PS:
Sorry Aunt Meg, but
K-S-U WILDCATS
Eat 'em up Eat 'em up
K-S-U!!!

We rocked those Jayhawks! :)

2 comments:

  1. It is so cute to read all of the things Lo is doing, and I have to laugh at all the things our girls do the same! (minus the potty training, Whitney went about two weeks where she went every time I put her up there and she loved to wipe and then flush and now she acts like she is terrified of the toilet. not her time I guess!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! She is a doll and I think she is just so beautiful!! Seriously when I read these posts I have a HUGE smile on my face and it just keeps getting cuter as I read on!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...