Pages

06 October 2010

Family Day at KU

A few weekends ago (because that is how far behind I am in posting my life! ) :) we went to visit my sister at KU for family day, that her hall was hosting. I have ::gasp:: never been to KU! I drove around it once with Chad like 8 years ago and then when we were on our way home from Iowa over the 4th and everything was closed. So I was pretty excited to see this campus my sister raves about!

For the record we are K-Staters and always will be (as will our kids!). We had lots of honks on the way from fellow K-Staters on the way to the football game in Manhattan. We were sad we couldn't be going with them!

Anyway, KU does have a gorgeous campus, especially this time of year with the leaves turning. However, there are few too many hills for my taste. Good thing I have been working out or this "fat" prego lady would have died or worse yet, gone into labor! HA!

Honestly, I about did at one point. It started raining, I had to carry--b/c she refused everyone else--Lo (19#), Baby Boy (#4 of pregnancy weight) and myself up 3000 stairs at the steepest incline! Seriously, braxton hicks were ensuing big time! Chad finally had to take her against her will for me to make it back! Ah, memories!

Here are some pictures from our adventure! It was fun seeing Meg in her new environment. College certainly was a blast for me!

Some people are under the impression Kansas is "ugly" and flat. Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder and while this picture does it zero justice. Driving through the Flint Hills at sunrise is absolutely gorgeous! (and see it isn't all flat!) :)

The Stadium
Playing in the fountain.


One of many hills we walked up! Let me tell you Meg better come home with a nice lookin' lower half, or she wasn't walkin' enough! HA! ;)
Some sports museum...I can't remember the name, I am sure all KU people are heavy sighing at me right now...SORRY!
My dad re-living his glory days?!

This is what Lo thought of the museum! HA!
I was just thankful she fell asleep some, she was one tired little girl!
Thanks Meg for a fun day and showing us your stomping ground for the next 4-6 years, you know depending on how long it takes you! HA! :)

PS in case you are wondering---Lo still is the WORST car rider on the planet! But on a positive note she did awesome with her potty training progress! No accidents!! Yea Lo!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun time to me. Enjoyed sharing in your weekend and looks like you wore little Lo slap out. How cute! Blessings to you for a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...