Pages

14 March 2011

Miscellany Monday

Here's a quick update on my random life.

1. My sister is HOME!!! I should be seeing her in a few short hours. Can't wait to see her baby belly and Landrey. I love watching the girls play together. And I can't wait for when her baby boy Hollis gets here, so he and MW can play together too!

Taken in October.

2. I am in major mode to cut back and save us money. As Chad puts it, every dollar I save, is technically my "paycheck." Not that I am a big spender, at all. Just want us to pay more stuff off and save more.

So I am starting to groom our dogs! That is a savings of nearly $400 a year. We have two toy poodles and at $30 a pop every 6 weeks it gets pricey. My first attempt before Christmas didn't fair so well for Tucker. Toby wasn't too bad. This time though, I think I did a really good job. Not fantastic but good. It will take some practice, but I think I am getting the hang of it.

This picture is after the groom...doesn't really do my mad skillz justice. ;)

So between cutting Chad's hair and the dogs. I am saving us close to $700 a year! Wow! What would you do with an extra $700 a year?

I am also hoping to get way better at this coupon-ing thing. Now accepting all tips. :)

3. Our Pilot is paid off! (A whole year early!!) This is so awesome. I can't wait to get the car title and it be "official." Now to get those student loans paid down/off.

4. MW had his 2month appointment Friday. He is growing. He got shots. I didn't cry! Yeah, mommy. I think I was prepared for it this time, and I already wasted my tears at his circumcision. However, he and the shots didn't mix well and was pretty fussy for the rest of the night. I am not use to that. Lo is a trooper and never gets fussy over things like shots, teething etc. I mean she was fussy alright, but not over those things. HA! I look at that as my little "reward" for her horrendous colic behavior.

Isn't he adorable?!

5. Sunday we had our open house. We had 4 couples look at our home. Good feedback I suppose, just not what they are looking for. Bummer. Selling your home is tough, especially with two littles. I hope it sells...soon!

6. And this is our reaction to KSU's loss #3 (but who's counting) to Colorado...I mean come on!


Well, not too much going on. Join in on all the Miscellany.

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
click the icon to join.

4 comments:

  1. Seriously...3 loses to Colorado. Depressing. Love Lo's face! LB was so upset he went and got himself an ear infection, which means most of sunday was spent in the urgent care place. no fun.
    way to hold it together for the shots! LB had blood drawn, to test for the milk allergy at his 9 month and I about cried. but instead squirted blood all over the exam room. oops.
    awesome awesome on saving extra money! I am working on that too. Praying for a quick sale for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, being a good money manager. You need to teach some of your tricks to our government. :o)

    What cute kiddos and enjoy your visit with your sister. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOD your kiddos are adorable. ADORABLE! I love their names too!

    I think you did an amazing job on grooming your poodles. They look like spunky little doggies :)

    New follower here, please stop on by..
    http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job being an excellent steward of your money. I'm going to agree with Lea....teach the government!

    And your kiddos? Adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...