Pages

28 March 2011

Miscellany Monday

Wow! What a week.

ONE.
It was suppose to be Spring Break, but not for me. I got to work. I love my job and thankful for being able to keep my toe dipped in the RD water, but it stinks that I work when everyone else is off. Oh well, I am home now.

Chad did an awesome job of being in charge of two kids by himself. Micah has been less than "fun" this past week and I am glad Chad survived, although he did say something about being ready for 25 5th graders again...hmm...what is he saying?! :)

When daddy is in charge you get to do fun things like this:
you don't have to watch the whole thing, I was just to lazy to edit it. :)

Daddy in charge from Michele Keethler on Vimeo.

It was hard for me to be away from Micah, but it was good for me too. I just didn't like trying to find time to pump and nurse and all that jazz. How do you working mommas do it?! Props to those of you who work AND breastfeed.

TWO.
We are still trying to sell our house. It is going well in the sense we have had lots of interest/showings, yet no contract to go over...oh well hopefully soon. We are trusting in God's timing because, currently we don't have anywhere to go yet. And we are thinking about building... so parents, in-laws, we may be movin' in with you if we sell, because then we will be homeless. :) I know God will work out all the details and I am trusting in that.

THREE.
This is so random, but remember that wagon the kids' got for their birthdays? Well, we really wanted a canopy for it, but couldn't find one. Finally it dawned on me to just call the company and ask for a "Replacement Canopy." They sent it to us in 2 days for $10! Do you know that to buy the wagon WITH the canopy originally it is an extra $20?! So yeah, I just save $10 bucks! :) Just a thought for the future about replacement parts on products.

Sorry it is so small but you get the idea.


FOUR.
Meet Micah and I's new bestie:


This is the "womb bear" or "Captain Awesome" as I like to refer to him as. Micah has been having trouble sleeping alone, ie not on my chest. My sister kept telling me to get this, but I just thought I didn't want to hear one more thing while I was attempting to sleep. Micah is loud enough! Well I broke down and sent Chad out to get one. Oh.my.word. Awesome! Micah loves it and it is helping us both get sleep. I love it so much I might get one for myself after Micah goes to his own room. I am not sure how I will sleep with out it. What a soothing sound. And why oh why didn't I get one for Lo? May be that would have helped her sleep better too. Live and learn people. This is my go to baby gift from hear on out!

FIVE.
I don't really like video games. But I think that dance game for Wii or whatever system seems so cool. We have Xbox, but not the kinect controller (yet), so I can't get the game for myself. But my sis who has the Wii just got it and wow is it fun! I could live over there playing it everyday. And it is a fun workout too! Since she is at college, I might just sneak over there and steal it...hmm...good idea Michele. Anyway Lo loves it too.

I am mega bummed because when I went to post the video I thought I took of Lo dancing to it, I found I didn't record it. :( It was so funny and cute. So here she is dancing with Meg, who is an awesome dancer by trade and isn't fair to play against!

SIX.
I am so excited that this weekend we are taking Lo to Sesame Street Live! I can't wait. Her face lights up every time she sees the commerical. I keep telling her we are going to that, but she doesn't get it...yet. Ooohhh. I can't wait!

SEVEN.
I have been off Crackbook Facebook for two weeks now. So far so good. Although week one my sister was here to keep me busy and last week I worked, so we shall see how this week goes. Honestly, I do enjoy the peace I get from not obsessing over everyone's status updates, but it makes me miss the people I use it to stay in touch with. However, I know if I click back on all will be lost.

Well go on join in on all the miscellany.

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Michelle, never heard of the Womb Bear, but will remember that for any future Grandchildren.

    You asked about the rectangular wreath on my front door - no I did not make it. I bought it and had it decorated at one of our local florist. I love it!

    I hope it is a great week for you and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. does the womb bear just have a heartbeat? what does it sound like? I have a sound machine for Ellie and have it set on ocean. She is in her crib now, and wait for it...... in the past week she has done 4hrs, 4.5, 3, 5, 5.5, and then 4.5 hrs for her first stretch of sleep!!!! Hopefully sleep is coming to us!!

    cute zoo pics!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...