Pages

02 March 2011

Random Memories

So I missed Miscellany Monday again.
And I am tired of looking at that Bad Mommy Day post and I want you all to know I recovering from that day. ;) Although, now I am getting sick, thanks Meg. So I am trying really hard not to have a repeat bad mommy day so soon.

Anyways here is some random/miscellany things going on in our house:

1) Doesn't my husband have style?

We volunteer with 628 (6th to 8th graders) at our church and they are always putting on fun events for them. February's event was the slipper formal. Jammies on bottom, dressy on top. I so wanted to go, but had a 4 week old infant that needed me more, or I him, who knows. ;)

2) This is my Valentine's Day gift. NEW slippers! I had to take a picture because I couldn't believe that my old slippers once looked that nice! These slippers are from LL Bean and so comfy. I wore my other pair for 2 years, day in and day out, all 365 days. So a new pair was a welcomed surprise.

3) Micah got a new play gym. I was borrowing one from a friend, but my parents decided to get me Micah one for his birth day gift. He loves it. Well as much as a 1 month old can. He does even reach for some of the toys.
But most of the time I find him like this in there:

4) I found this onesie at Target (my meca) and HAD to have it. Maybe you will remember why if you read THIS post. Between this onesie and his new play gym it has inspired me to perhaps make him a rock and roll Beatles nursery. {When he gets his own room}.
5) Which brings me to our BIG news. Our house is on the market! We are so hoping to finally get to "Mayberry." {I don't know why I always refer to it as that, but it is pretty Mayberry like.}

This is from when we bought our home 5 years ago!! SO happy!
Anyway, if our house sells we will move, if not, just like in September we stay. I am trying not to "plan" too much, but I sure am hoping all the cards fall in place this time!

6) MW has it nice. This is his current set up in our room. Please note his sleeping options are as follows: Swing, Bassinet or Mommy's bed.

He's that tiny lump under the giraffe blankie.
He is currently choosing mommy's bed. Awesome I know. In his short 6.5 weeks he has cycled through each of these twice! I am currently trying to wean him off the swing for nighttime sleeping because he is close to throwing himself out of it when he gets mad. Up next will be weaning him out of my bed! It will be so nice if we can move and he can finally have his own room...I didn't have to do this much with Lo. She was in her crib/room by week 3.

7) Lo has turned into a Daddy's girl since MW was brought home. I pretty much get the cold nasty shoulder when daddy is around. Whatever we each should get one.

8) I have started Lo on "chores." She loves to help and so I let her. Her newest job is putting away the silverware and she actually does a fantastic job!

9) Have we ever told you Lo graduted top of her class from Clown College?
No?! Well she did. She is a grade A certified fancy clown! I think Chad will be hearing about her class clown antics all the time when she hits grade school.

10) Here's our baby at 6 weeks old.
In case you can't tell he has this horrific rash on his face, that I thought (hoped) was baby acne, but was getting concerned it was eczema, which usually means he is allergic to something...come to find out it is cradle cap on his face. :( We now have cream and we are on our way to restoring his handsomer face.

Love those dreamy smiles.


Well that is my February memory recap! Hopefully, I can get back on the blogging bandwagon.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope your house sells. And, so good to see the sweet pictures of baby boy and Lo is growing so fast. And, hey, Hubby looked cute too! Blessings for a wonderful rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family is super cute. Really hope the move works out this time! It would be fun to have you guys close. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT post!!! You make me laugh and I HEART your kids!!! Ha Still Laughing about the clown college:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. we have that same swing! I have been sleeping on the couch and have Ellie in the swing (because there is no room for it in our room) With Whitney she was swaddled religiously and now with this one I did for about two nights. i too had Whitney in her crib by 3 weeks. Do you let micah tummy sleep? I didn't let whitney tummy sleep in her crib until 4 months, but I think I may let Ellison try it already?!?! crazy??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...