Pages

18 April 2011

Miscellany Monday

1. Well this weekend we had another open house. 4 couples/people came. I am so over trying to sell our house. It needs to happen at some point, but I am tired of the "lifestyle" that comes with it. Keeping your house magazine perfect, with two littles. Not easy people.


Not having any of your personal pictures and items around that make your home YOUR home for months on end.

Being able to vacate your home in 3 hours once you receive that short notice call, only to get a call after you already left and almost to your 40 minute away destination to find out the clients are "sick." Ticked off barely describes it.

Finding houses you would kill for, but can't write a contract on because the are bank owned and don't accept contingencies. Bummer. :(

I realize it has only been 1.5 months on the market, but I am frustrated with the lifestyle.

2. I am really {once again} trying to get our food budget under control. {if you call it that--I don't budget, I just buy and have an idea in my head on a target allowance for food for the month} I have been trying to hit the couponing thing hard again. I get it, but I don't. I get how people get things for free or overage, but I don't see the point in buying 10 tubes of denture cream when I don't need it just to get overage? Ok that may be extreme, but you all have seen that TLC Extreme Couponing show right? Yeah, not what I am going for.

I did do really great at Target the other day I spent $60 on all of this:


And my total rang in at $90 before coupons! That is a 33% savings people! Yay me!

3. In other exciting news I finally printed off my year 2 of scrapbooking pages! Normally I print before Lo's birthday, but put it off since I was a little busy with a new baby. Every week it hit my "to-do" list. However, last weekend my friend and digi scrapbooker partner in crime :) Erin tipped me off to this website who was running a $1.49/pg special. Well needless to say that got my behind in gear and two days later I was looking at my beautiful pages in living color! Those of you who digi scrapbook, I 110% endorse this site to print from. They turned out amazing, even better than the last set I print {from a different company}.


4. As Micah gets older and more into a routine {I don't set a routine for my newborns, I let them lead the way, right or wrong that is how I roll} I want to get the rest of us back on a routine. I feel like we get up and just "make it" through the day, with no real goal or purpose. However, school is about to be out for the summer and Chad will be home and I can see my hopes for a routine going out the window until August. ::sigh::

5. Finally, Chad and I watch a lot of netflix tv seasons at night. And we recently discovered Rules of Engagement. Seriously this show is so funny to me, I think Chad and I see a lot of ourselves in the married couple. I think it is one of those shows no one thinks is good until they stumble upon an episode.


We are also catching up on Modern Family {which I know we are probably the only people who hadn't seen the show until two weeks ago!} But yet another hysterical show.

Once again linking up with Miscellany Monday.

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

6 comments:

  1. you have a super cute home!

    very cute blog! xoxo-Hannah @ A Lovely Mess

    come visit me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog. I am here to see your TUCKER! You have a cute home and I think it will sell fast. I am wondering if you have watched that new "coupon show" - maybe it hasn't started yet. Extreme Couponing? I hope to watch it and get some tips! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your house sells quickly, it is beautiful! So I am interested in digital scrapbooking. Where can I learn more? I have always been the old fashioned do everything by hand scrapbooker-but I just can't keep up. I take too many pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for your house! I could not imagine the stress..yikes! Awesome job at target! I'm right with you on the stockpile thin I get what I need and save while doing it I do not buy anything just cause it's free unless I know someone who needs it or candonate it immediately. I dont have room for clutter nor want that in my house. I need to check that scrapbook site out sounds awesome plus LBs one year is fast approaching so I need to get on it. Also so wishing we lived near each other so we could coupon together and hang out. We really would make great real life friends :) Oh and I totally don't do the schedule thing either but at what age did you put Lo on one? When she stopped nursing or before that? I feel like a schedule might help LB but have no clue how or when to go about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And for showings they give you a rediculous window that you need to be gone. Not easy with children!

    I let babies set their own schedule too. Ellie has seem to set her bedtime for around 8:30 and naps are somewhat random. I am thinking about having her learn to get herself to sleep. I can tell she is already reliant on my boobs for sleep comfort, even though she doesn't like to eat out of them!

    Totally with you on the coupon thing, though I would like to devote a little time to it to save a few bucks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...