Pages

16 April 2011

Micah 3 Months {Watch Me Grow}

Micah you are 3 months old today and I love it. I love that you are getting older, more interactive and fun. Yes, it is sad to see these baby days slip away one by one and since you are my last I am trying to take in each day, but I can't help but think of all the fun we will all have once you are older. I love you baby boy more than anyone thought I could love a boy. HA! It is no secret I wanted another little girl, but after bringing you into my life I can't even fathom another girl. You are so much fun, God definitely knew what He was doing when He gave me you!

So sweet son of mine this is what you are up to this month:


Milestones:
You found your hands and working on becoming a thumb sucker. I keep trying that paci, but like your sister you have an aversion to all things plastic. Big bummer for mommy.


You now enjoy bath time, especially when your sister climbs in there with you.


You love your swing now. Praise God. However, Mr. Muscles you are so strong we have to buckle you in everything or you will throw yourself out! We never had to buckle in your sister until she was 5/6 months and then it was time to give it up anyway. Nope, not you. Your strength at this age astounds me.

Starting to enjoy "tummy time" more and working on getting your roll over down pat.


You sit in your bumbo like a big boy and you love seeing the world from this perspective.


Mommy is also really figuring out your schedule. It is eat, "play" for ~40 minutes, sleep. Rinse and repeat as needed. :)


Language skills:
While you can't officially talk yet, you are starting to coo, giggle and smile more on command, if you will. The other day your papa was holding you and you just grinned and giggled at him. It made me flash back to when he did that with your sister.

12 weeks old today.

I also love watching lay on your play mat or boppy and just smile and giggle to yourself. I wish I knew what the joke was.

Eating:
You still nurse every 2 hours during the day, but generally the session only lasts for 3-5 minutes. Your poor little tummy is really struggling.

Chillin' with daddy.

You are on Zantac to help with the reflux, but it isn't stopping the insane amount of spitting up you do, just slowing it down some?! We are trying to get Miralax or prune juice down you to help with your bowels, because those aren't working too great either. However, you won't take a bottle. period. so that makes that task hard. You have taken the prune juice, but it usually comes right back 10-20minutes later, so ineffective in my book. Bottom line mommy feels so sorry for you. Click HERE for the whole story, in case you missed it.

Sleeping:
You rub your little eyes just like your sister did when you are sleepy. Oh it is so cute!

You are averaging 4-5 hours of sleep stretches at night. There have been a few longer ones in there, but don't like getting my hopes up that it will stay like that. But it is bliss when it happens for mommy.

You have the craziest sleep positions.

However, you have such tummy troubles that after that first long stretch you sometimes wake up "hurting" 2 hours later. It makes me sad for you.

I am also training you to sleep anywhere you land, this makes life so much better for everyone.

His shirt says: Daddy is Happy I'm a Boy
But truth be told Mommy may be happier! ;)

You still sleep with your sound machine on, not sure if it is even doing any good, but it makes mommy feel better about your sleeping.

You are also still a tummy sleeper and you can tell time. HA! If it is after 330a you MUST "crawl" in bed with me. You absolutely refuse to go back to the bassinet. So this should be a fun habit to break.

Favorite Toy(s)/Book(s):
At this point mommy is going to say your play gym and bumbo.

I mean look how much fun you are having in there... ;)

And of course Story Time with your big sister.


Anecdotes/Quirky things you do:
You aren't too quirky yet. :)
But you love to flirt with the ladies. :) Especially blondes. HA!
The other night we were out to dinner saying good-bye to a dear friend and you were just flirting away with the hot blonde sitting next to you. You were giving her the eyes and cooing at her, you even flashed her a few smiles. And I though having a girl would be bad. HA!

You have several nicknames already: Baby Bear, Micah Bear, Old Faithful/Mt. Vesuvius (due to your massive spitting up) and Biscuit. Pretty much every name I call you ends in Bear at this point. Who knows why I come up with these names, they just roll out of my mouth.

Sunbathing on a nice afternoon.

Temperament:
Your temperament is all over the map. You can be so chill and delightful to be around and then you can be so ticked and fussy. I realize that all your fussiness stems from the aforementioned tummy issues, but it doesn't make it any easier to deal with. I was really hoping to get a chill baby after what I endured with your sister and for 3-4 weeks I got that, but then all your digestive issues came to a head and I got knocked down. Bummer.

We see a lot of this, but it is giving way to a lot more smiles as of late!

You are also in that clingy phase where you must be snuggled and held all.the.time. I tried my wrap thing one day, because my back is killing me. That only lasted about 2 hours. I keep trying, but no luck. Why o why do I have such picky, willful children. I am sure this is no reflection on how I was as a child. I know I was an absolute delight. It must be your father. ;)

Remember this original Back to the Womb post?
Well, here is the newest version of Back to the Womb. I am currently 3 months along. ;)

Stats:
At 10 weeks {Mar 28} you were 11# and 22inches long. (You are just 9 short inches from catching your sister! HA!)

Diapers: size 1
Clothes: 0-3/ 3 months. Really depends on the brand.

Well MW that wraps up all I can remember about this month. We love you!


Happy THREE Months Baby Bear.

5 comments:

  1. THREE MONTHS????????????????
    Say it is not true!!
    REALLY???

    Dear Chad and Chele,
    Please reconsider having just ONE more!
    You have the MOST adorable children and I really
    honestly can NOT get their sweet precious faces
    out of my head!!
    I think about them and all they do and I just cannot help but hope and wish you have juts one more sweet baby!!
    Love, Mis

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s Can he get any cuter? Those pics were so precious and his smile is just melt your heart sweet!! I am still smiling from reading your blog as I was reading it (kreg was on the other computer) and I kept saying to him have you read chele's blog yet, you have to check out Micah!!
    Don't let him grow up another minute until I can see him again--come visit soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe he's already 3 months, either! He's gotten so big!!

    Hope his tummy gets to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 months??? CRAZY! He is growing oh so fast! Still having the tummy troubles? Did you try cutting out all dairy, including everything that is in packaged foods? Its tough but if you try it and after 1 week so no changes you can go right back. Might be worth a shot if nothing else is working. Praying for him and you! It definitely is no fun at all.
    LB was the same way with nighttime and always finding his way in bed with me ;) But once we put him in his room and got better at returning him (when he began only waking once a night) He took to his own bed fine. So hopefully it wont be hard for you to break.
    Also, LB only liked the moby wrap all other wraps, slings thing he refused to stay in longer than 15 minutes. Maybe you can borrow one of those to try out?
    Praying for you! He is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still just laugh at how similar things are for us! After Ellie gets up for the second time the only way I can keep her sleeping is to sleep with her. I can't figure out why they resorted to shorter sleep periods at night, I hope they grow out of that soon. Ellie too is our little bear. I call her baby bear or Ellie Bear, Whitney was and still is our little bunny!

    Totallay know what you mean about looking forward to all the fun you will have when they are older. Not a fan of this newborn business.

    Look at Micah sit in his bumbo and push up on his arms!! What a handsome little dude!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...