Pages

11 June 2009

Cereal Time!

Well as suggested by our doctor we started Lo on rice cereal Wednesday night. I really am not ready to start her on solids yet, but due to the fact that this kid is STILL not sleeping through the night and the Cry It Out method isn't working either, we decided to give it a try.


I offered it at her last feeding of the day and only made 1 tsp of cereal with probably 1 Tbsp of breast milk. (I know hardly anything, but remember this is our first try!) Basically, it was the consistency of breast milk on a spoon. She actually took to it quite well, I was surprised...she just sucked it down, so I made a bit more and she ate that all too!

Here are some pictures of the experience:

We are not sure about this, plus I am a little upset because I was hoping to nurse!


Trying to soothe ourselves into it...
"Lo you can't eat with your hands in your mouth!"


"Ok, this is good!
It tastes like the "good milk" but different!"


"Ok I have had ENOUGH! Time to nurse!"


Verdict: She slept through the night! Fluke?! Not sure, only time will tell. She likes to play mind games with me and tease me about sleeping! So again here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...