Pages

10 June 2009

My Best Friend

This is Leighton's best friend, her poodle blanket!

This is how she soothes herself by sucking face with her poodle.

Well between her hands and her poodle we are all set!
Don't we look tired?! :)

My grandma Jo made it for her. I/she got it for Christmas. It was seriously one of the best gifts I received! I just couldn't believe my grandmother made this. I knew she was talented, but this just blew me away. I almost didn't want to give it to Leighton, I wanted it to stay pretty. But I am so glad I did. She absolutely loves her poodle! Lo fits in perfectly with this poodle lovin' family! In case you don't know everyone on my side has poodles. And so when looking for a "theme" for Leighton's room I naturally went with pink Parisian poodles.
Anyway, this poodle is the only thing that soothes her to sleep when I lay her down. I get so mad at myself when I go to lay her down and her poodle is not within arms reach because then I get to start all over.

One night after she fell asleep she woke up after an hour and started crying hard, then all of a sudden it stopped...I sent Chad in to check on her and this is what we found:
She was curled up with her poodle!


Thanks grandma for making this very special poodle, we BOTH love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...