Pages

23 June 2009

Cousins

Meet Cathy, who's lived most everywhere,
From Zanzibar to Barclay Square.
But Patty's only seen the sight.
A girl can see from Brooklyn Heights --
What a crazy pair!

But they're cousins,
Identical cousins all the way.
One pair of matching bookends,
Different as night and day.

Where Cathy adores a minuet,
The Ballet Russes, and crepe suzette,
Our Patty loves to rock and roll,
A hot dog makes her lose control --
What a wild duet!

Still, they're cousins,
Identical cousins and you'll find,
They laugh alike, they walk alike,
At times they even talk alike --

You can lose your mind,
When cousins are two of a kind.

I may be alone in this but I LIVED for Nick at Nite, when I was a little. I loved all those old shows and secretly wish that life was that "simple." Not the crazy, busy, technology filled life that it is today! Anyway, can you guess which show those lyrics are from?


That's right The Patty Duke Show!

Now, my sister and I have two daughters that are cousins. And while I don't really think they look too much alike, I still always think of the Patty Duke song when I see them together!

Aren't they cute? They are holding hands.
I know one day they are going to be great friends and get into all sorts of trouble together!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...