Pages

07 June 2009

Dog Wisperer pt 2

Well here is an UPDATE on "Riley." Still don't know her real name.

Anyway, so she never did stay on the other side of the fence. When we came back from lunch our other neighbor was at our door (because he thought she was ours...no idea why ;) ) we told him we would take care of her, this was at about 1:30pm. Chad then implemented his method to lower her back over the fence...I went outside to check on her and saw she had once again escaped!!!! So we brought her inside (around 23opm) for a bit, then after she cooled down we started to lower her over the fence again, but much to our surprise we realized there were no other dogs over there!

Eureka! They are home!

We knocked and rang the door bell, the dogs all barked from the inside, but NO ONE ANSWERED!!!! So someone let all the other dogs in but didn't notice one was missing?! So again she came in with us, we left a note on their door to come get her when what ever idiot who is taking care of these dogs comes back!

8:00 pm rolls around still no one comes...I just can not understand why the caregiver is not looking for this dog!!! I mean what is the one thing you don't want to call the owners with...
"hey, I lost your dog!!!"

I am starting to worry about sleeping arrangements...I don't want THREE dogs in my bed!

Well come 10:00pm the owners knock on our door! Yea!

Needless, to say they were NOT happy! This little "Riley" is a nursing mama! She has 1 week old litter inside their house!!! Now as a fellow nursing mama, I just feel for this dog AND her pups. Evidently the moron taking care of their dogs was only to let "Riley" out to pee and then she was to STAY INSIDE! (I mean DUH, you NEVER separate a mama from her babies!) What an idiot...and those poor puppies they hadn't nursed since at least 9:30AM that day.

We still are curious where the communication broke down, we just don't understand how you could lose this little dog who NEVER left her yard or ours, did she even look for this dog?!?! We would have loved to been a fly on the wall when they talked to this caregiver about it!

Anyways I know you all were DYING to hear the end of this saga...maybe their will be a part 3 if we ever get the rest of the story from the neighbors!

3 comments:

  1. Poor puppies! I'm surprised you couldn't hear them whimpering and crying all the way over at your house..I'm sure they were starving!! I can't wait to hear part 3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a trip! I hope they will never let that person care for their dogs again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle - thanks so much for the encouragement - along with knowing there's someone w/ an open ear! I may end up taking you up on the offer if/when I need advice! I am an open book right now. :)
    Thanks again. Hope you're doing well. --JOY

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...